Connection to USB webcam dropping on record

Problem: When I try to record from an external webcam (Logitech HD Pro C920) that’s connected via a USB hub, ActivePresenter is reporting “connection to webcam lost”. However, it also seems to be resetting the USB connection itself, as the camera is no longer visible and my external hard drives on that USB hub unmount and re-mount themselves.

Seems like a software issue with the USB connectivity somewhere along the line?

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.1.1 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2020.07.24)

Notes: No problems at all with the USB hub or camera in the past. Just started using ActivePresenter and this happens. I have no problem with other applications accessing the webcam like Zoom or Loom.

Hi,

Could you please share us the log of ActivePresenter so we can check?

To view the log:

• In Start Page , click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous .
  • Click View Log . Then you can save it as a file and send it to support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

Hi. I sent this log file through to you on 11/9 by e-mail as requested and haven’t yet received a response or update. Could you please let me know what’s happening with this support request?

thanks.

Hi,

Could you please share us the log of ActivePresenter so we can check?

To view the log:

• In Start Page , click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous .
  • Click View Log . Then you can save it as a file and send it to support@atomisystems.com

Regards,
[/quote]

Hi Jason,

It is strange that we have not received the log from you yet. We have also checked the Spam box but it is not there. Can you please send it again or post it here?

Regards,

I have re-sent it again yesterday to the e-mail you provided, support@atomisystems.com

I have sent a test message just now for you to confirm receipt.

We still have not received any emails from you, unfortunately.
We don’t have this problem with other users recent time.
I have just sent you an email, please reply with the log if you receive it.
Or, you can also post the log here.

Regards,