Bug? Transparent button does not work

Problem:
Dear support,
I wanted to create a “link” in a text caption field (show an image object on click). I found that the button works as long as it is not fully transparent (no line, no filling). Is this the intended behaviour or a bug? Is there a workaround to realize a “link” in a text?
Best wishes
Ludger

ActivePresenter version: 8.3

Notes:

Hi Ludger,

Let me confirm to you that it’s not a bug. If you want it to be transparent, let’s adjust the Opacity to 0 in the Fill section.

It’s no need to use both text caption and transparent button. You can add the On Click event right to the text caption.

Regards,
Quynh

Dear Quynh,
thank you. I still think that this is a little weird but finally it worked this way. I removed the button’s line and set the fill to a opacity of 0. Obviously there is a difference between the behaviour of a unfilled button and a button with a transparent fill.
The text caption is much larger and I want a specific word to work as a “link” (e.g., see image XYZ). Adding an inline link is not possible at the moment, right?
Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

ActivePresenter offers users the Insert Hyperlink feature which can be found in the Home tab. If you want to link to the external resources, please consider using this feature to see if it meets your needs.

In case you want to link to the image in the project, it’s not possible to add an inline link, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Quynh

Dear Quynh,

Maybe it could be an option to add new features for inline links tofuture releases of AP, e.g.: Show a ressource in a lightbox, Show multiple ressources in a gallery, show glossary term XY, jump to chapter XYZ, show object XYZ, execute JS, show a popup, jump to timeline …
Best wishes
Ludger

1 Like

Hi Ludger,

Thanks for your idea.
We will consider to add these features in future updates if having more request from users.

Regards,
Quynh