Branching to Video

Problem: I have a slide that is branched to two different videos. When the user clicks on the icon, how do I get them to be taken/start the video. it works fine for the first video that is placed directly after the branching slide using the “click to continue presentation” action but I can not get the second icon to go to the second video.

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hi,

Could you please send us a sample project so that we can understand better.
You can upload here or email to us at: support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

video branching.approj (1.1 MB)

Hi,

You can add Go to Slide action to On Click event of each button to move to any slide you want.
video branching-rev.approj (1.1 MB)

Regards,

thanks. I found the confusion. When you put a video into a presentation, it changes the slide name to slide 1, so you have to go back and manually update the slide name to where it appears in the project, otherwise it will appear as slide one.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

When you insert a new slide, ActivePresenter will update slide name automatically.
In case you’ve changed the name of a slide, then copy that slide, its slide name will be copied also.
You should set specific name for each slide that helps you easy to work with events- actions.

Regards,

I didn’t realized that the slide name would copy as well, when copying a slide. I assumed that it would automatically adjust to the next sequential number, like when you insert a blank slide.