Blue line across the screen when recording

Problem: I want to record a video running fullscreen on my laptop, 1920x1080, and a vertical blue line appears, the same blue of the marquee lines used to select smaller screen sizes.

I have tried to use the marquee to reduce the screen capture area size, and sometimes the vertical blue line disappears (I know I’m being vague, but I tried to work out a pattern and was unable to find one)

ActivePresenter Version: 7.3.3 (the same problem occurred with previous versions, in which both the marquee and the vertical line were green)

Notes: Did anyone else experience the same problem? Did you find a pattern, or a reliable way to make it go away?

Hi,

Can you please try with the latest version (7.5.2)? If the problem still occurs, please make sure that:

• You don’t use two screens with different DPI settings.
  • You don’t use custom DPI setttings (other values than 100, 125, 150, 200, 250…).

There is also an option to hide the recording area on the capture dialog.

Regards,

Thank you for your indications.

I do indeed use two screens - I did not check the DPI and cannot now (I’m at work and the junk is at home), but will check tonight.

Kind regards,
Stefano

Like the silly idiot I am, I forgot that I could access the home computer via TeamViewer.

You were right. The laptop screen is set at 125% and the external at 100%; I tried aligning them, and the blue line disappeared.

I don’t know if this is mentioned somewhere in the manual, you may want to make a note to update the manual to suggest checking (maybe in the troubleshooting section, if present)

Thank you for your help in fixing my issue, and kind regards.