Audio preloading

Hello,

I have slides about 3-4 minutes long which are fully audio commented - meaning I have a matching 3-4 minutes of audio.
For the moment I cut up the audio in 10-15 seconds pieces (generally one or 2 sentences) which are loaded one after the others… problem is that there is sometimes small delays in the loading and it ends up “eating” the end of a sentence with the next one starting to play too early (the previous one being “late” due to a delay when loading).
I’m now thinking to merge the audio into a single 3-4 minutes file which would load at the beginning of each slide, but is there a way I can pause the presentation until the audio is loaded and then play it.
If not my images will start playing earlier and it will not be synchronized.
Or do you have any thoughts on how to best approach multiple slides (up to 120 minutes) which all have audio ? Locally, it works fine - I’m trying to improve the performance when delivering through an LMS.
Thanks in advance for any thought or suggestions,
Regards,
Michael

Hi Micheal,

Actually, ActivePresenter already waits for playing signal from audio to start playing. However, there is some delay which depends on the Internet connection and the browser (especially, Apple Safari) and there is no way to address problem in technical aspect. In production, I usually extend the audio duration a bit (500ms) as a workaround.

Regards,

Hi Phuong,

thanks for that and well noted.
We do leave already extend a bit the audio but will work on being more ystematic.

If not, of the below is there a solution you would recommend?
A 3 minutes slides with 18 sounds clips of 10 seconds each with a 500 ms extension at the end of each?
or a 3 minute slide with a 180 sound clip with a couple of seconds extension at the end?

Thanks a lot,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Don’t use too many short audio objects.
You should join them into some long audio objects to reduce the delay time and make the sync better.

Regards

Hi,

thanks - I will do that.
One last question - we use many printscreens which we take using windows and paste into ActivePresenter - when we export they are PNG files and are relatively large (e.g. 0.5-1.5 megs) even with PNG optimization - if they were JPG I believe they would be significantly smaller… is there a way to convert them to JPG / reduce the size without having to safe every printscreen as JPG and importing it to AP?
We have 100s of them.
Thanks a lot,
Michael

Hi Micheal,

You just need to open the Resources pane (View > Resources) then right-click on selected images and choose Recompress.

Regards,

Hi,

this is perfect - thanks a lot!
Great!
Regards,
Michael