Audio normalization on the whole project?

Problem:

My Microphon is on max level, but the volume is very low and I can’t find a way to make it higher. Calibration doesn’t change anything.

“Audio normalization” is available only per slide, but it will take a lot of time and many many clicks to do this per slide.

Is there a way to normalice all microphone recordings (or all audio tracks) in the whole project in all slices or in a group of selected slices?

ActivePresenter version:
Version 8.1.1 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2020.07.24)

Windows 10

Notes:

Hi,

In the current version, you can use Audio Normalization feature for each audio object in each slide separately. The steps can be performed like those in the video below:

We will consider updating this feature in the future if there are more request from users.

Kind regards,
Thuy

The Normalization button is greyed out for me. I am trying to normalize audio on a .mov file.
Is it possible to normalize the audio on a .mov file. I have the free version.

Thank you for your help

Hi,

The Audio Normalization feature doesn’t work for .mov file.
So, if you want to enable this feature, please make sure to use audio objects. (MP3, OGG, WMA, and WAV)

Kind regards,
Thuy

When I record a new project then two big wav files are created, one from my microphone the other from PC sounds. And I think these files are used then in the project. My idea is to give the user an option to normalize the whole wav file.

Or are there any suggestions for third party tools to normalize the audio file outside ActivePresenter? And If I will do this outside ActivePresenter will AP use the modified file the same way as the original file?

My current solution:

It’s like shooting sparrows with cannons, but I haven’t found anything better. It would be nice if this could be done in the ActivePresenter without additional tools.

Maybe there are some simpler free tools to normalize the source audio files?

Hi Germo,

Thanks for your suggestion.

It seems that Audacity is the most suitable one for free and open source.
And if you normalize the audio file outside ActivePresenter then import that file to the app, your modified file now becomes the original file.

Regards,

Hi Germo,

Normalizing audio files in the external data folder with Audacity seems to be a good workaround. I see no problem if the original file names are kept.

Regards,