Audio dropping out intermittently on recordings

Problem: After I finish a recording and review it in ActivePresenter, the audio at random points drops out for a couple of seconds or so. When it starts again, it stutters a bit before going back to normal. There doesn’t seem to be a specific pattern to when the audio is dropping out. I’m using a Blue Yeti mic and I’m not having other issues with that mic. How do I make this stop happening and capture all the audio as I’m recording?

ActivePresenter Version: 7.5.12 (free version)

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Notes:
System Model HP Spectre x360 Convertible
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F.08, 6/16/2016
Name Intel® Display Audio
Name USB Audio Device (Blue Yeti)
Using Direct3D for screen recording.

I think it’s definitely a problem with ActivePresenter. As a test, I routed the audio recording through Audacity instead and then imported the audio into my slide. There were no audio dropouts with Audacity (same mic setup), but there are still dropouts with ActivePresenter.

Hi,

Could you please share the project having the issue, its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files and the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check?
To view the log, click ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log.

Best regards,

I can’t seem to upload the log file because your forum says I don’t have upload permissions as a new user.

Hi,

Please upload to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then send the link to support@atomisystems.com. We need to check both log and recorded files.

Regards,

Well, I’ve moved ahead with the project so much, and deleted the bad audio from the project, that I doubt that’s going to be helpful now. I’m on a deadline today to finish this recording, so I’m going to have to make do with Audacity and come back to this later with a fresh demo project. Sorry about that.

(As a side note, on another segment I was screen recording, my screensaver started up during the recording and killed the screen recording. I captured all the audio in Audacity, but a portion of the screen recording was cut out. As a feature request, you may want to have ActivePresenter check whether the screensaver might interfere with a recording and remind the user to turn it off or set the delay timer to a longer delay.)

We also have some issues here about the sound loss if we edited a video. In the ActivePresenter the sound is just fine when I play it but after converting to html5 the sound get lost for the next few seconds after a cut. If i render the whole presentation to MP4 everything is fine. If I render just the cutted video the sound is lost again.

I would appreaciate your help.

Best regards,
Raffael

Hi Raffael,

This seems to be different issue. Please extend the duration of audio object a litle bit to overcome the issue. You can do this by dragging the right edge of timeline bar in Timeline.

The cause of problem is the way browser notifies its state when playing audio/video and we have not found a good way to deal with this problem yet.

Regards,

1 Like

Sorry! I am going to edit this post. I thought I was having a similar issue with my microphone cutting out in ActivePresenter, but after doing further testing, I realize now it is not an issue with ActivePresenter. It is an issue with the microphone, because it is cutting out with other programs as well.

Thank you! ActivePresenter is a nice program!

Hi MathTeacher,

Can you please share the project having the issue, its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files and the log of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check?
To view the log, click ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log.

Please note that you can delete everything, just leave the audio which has the problem in your project before sending to us.

Regards,

I screencasted with another program and my mic was cutting out periodically so now realize my issue is with my mic. Thanks!

Hi MathTeacher,

Thanks for letting me now.

Regards,

i had the same problem. turn my audio setting stereo to mono works for me