Audio Distortion

Problem:
I screen recorded a pre-recorded video that I set to 2x (so I could get through as many videos as I could due to a limited time frame)
I tried slowing the playback speed back to normal in active presenter but the audio just became distorted
Any method to correct this? or do I just export the video and slow playback when I view it?
Apologies, first time video editor
thanks!

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.5.6 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2022.04.12)

Notes:

Hi,

Did you mean the pitch of audio (tone) is lower than the original one?
If so, the current version of ActivePresenter (8.x) doesn’t support keeping audio pitch when changing the playback speed, please try the following steps as a workaround:

• Right-click the audio object and select Export To File, select the WAV format to preserve the quality.
  • Use a free professional audio editor like Audacity at https://www.audacityteam.org/ to change the playback speed of audio separately.
  • Import the audio back to your project.

We are working on version 9 which will address the problem.

Regards,

Good afternoon!

This may be because I’m not well versed with audio editing but I have been able to change the playback speed of the audio file and then change the pitch as well (this corrected the initial problem) but there seems to be some level of “gargling”/low frequency distortion noq in the audio recording during playback
Any possible suggestions?
But thank you so much for the help so far!

Hi,

Can you please share short samples of the original audio and the processed one so I can understand it exactly?

Regards,