AP not allowing 1920x1080 selection

Problem: AP not allowing 1920x1080 HD selection

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes: New to the platform but researched the issue first to find a solution

Hi Tony,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

But everything works ok from our side while testing the app with ActivePresenter version 8.
So, it would be helpful if you can provide us with a video illustrating your issue.
Also, send the log file of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com for further investigation.
To view the log, click the ActivePresenter button > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log. See detailed steps here: How to Find and Send ActivePresenter's Log File - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

Good time!
Regards,
Thuy

Le,
Thank you for your prompt response. Could it be something I am not doing correctly or a setting on my laptop? Macbookpro

Hi,

I’m not sure what caused your issue.
So, to assist you better, kindly send us the video together with the log file of ActivePresenter as I said in the previous response.

Regards,
Thuy

Thuy, again thank you for the speedy response! Reading through another resource, I found that my MacBook Pro 14" does not support that resolution. It does in the newer 15" models.
My next difficulty is that I can not export my PP presentation into AP. When I tried, it never showed any engagement with the program, only items that were stored on my computer, and they were greyed. Now, I could not initially record my screen, and I found the answer. I needed to permit AP to do so. Is this the same issue, and if so, where would I make that happen? Thank you.

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the late reply. We just go back to work after the weekend breaks.
As seen from the screenshot, you’re now in the Applications instead of the file location. That’s why everything looks grey and cannot be selected.
Now, click Import PowerPoint from the ActivePresenter Start Page and look up the folder that includes your PowerPoint file, instead.

Regards,
Thuy

Thank you, Thuy,

Here are the steps I am taking as I am still looking for a file outside the PowerPoint program. So I exported it to a folder called Course Information. Following the steps,

I still get the nonresponsive window. As a PDF, I can’t change them if I can get them loaded to the AP project page, right? What is the correct format I should select to do this? And perhaps, I am doing this all wrong. I went on Youtube to learn how to export a presentation from Powerpoint, but the video is old and a bit confusing since nothing looks the same.

Small Best fit Original size Edit alt text Remove

Comic Sans MS

Thank you for your detailed description and screenshots, Tony.
It seems that you want to save your pptx on your mac and then, import it into ActivePresenter.
If so, you don’t need to select Export… (the first screenshot). Instead, just save your pptx file by selecting Save.
Then, the pptx is saved on your computer. You can open ActivePresenter and import that saved file.
All the steps are shown in the attached video:

Please take a look at it and I hope that it addresses your concern.

BR,
Thuy

This worked like a charm! Thuy, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! Thank you so much.

Glad to know everything works perfectly now, Tony.
Feel free to let us know if you need any assistance.

All the best,
Thuy