Animated SVG would be awesome

Saola Animate has a great UI and intuitive flow. Where it stops working for me is in the presentation of animations. I’ve experimented with adding animations to various html documents, but it’s just too fiddly. I’m sure someone could walk me through it, but I shouldn’t need that.

As a result I’ve resorted to Animated SVGs. I can treat them exactly like images in WordPress and even flat-file html. They don’t do everything that Saola does, but they do enough.

Unfortunately, the best tool for animated SVGs is SVGator and they have a ridiculously expensive pricing scheme for someone who only does occasional animations.

If you ever add the ability to export animated SVGs, or somehow bundle animations so they function like images, I hope someone will update this request so I’ll know.

Cheers, Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Could you please let us know what problems you encounter when adding animations to HTML documents?
I just want to make sure you have read and followed the right procedure, so here is our written tutorial in case you missed it: Add HTML Widgets in Saola Animate 3 - Atomi Systems, Inc.

Fyi, we do not have plans to support exporting to the SVG format.
If you just need animations without interactions, you can consider exporting to videos.

Regards,
Quynh Anh

That seems like the wrong tutorial.

Too bad about svg exports. Videos are much larger files.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Sorry for my mistake in sending the link.

This should be the right link for you: https://atomisystems.com/html5-animation/saola-animate-2/embedding-html5-project-into-webpage/

Regards,
Quynh Anh