I wanted to try putting some things to the test during my trial of Active Presenter 9. In this example - I share with you a short little spelling test.
Your goal is to correctly spell the names of five animals whose images will appear on the screen.
Here are some features demonstrated in the project.
- Made use of state changes. Background images as well as spelling tiles.
- Buttons to check the answer and to move to the next image
- Check button is disabled between images to prevent spamming it for more points
- Feedback is presented in the form of a Green Plus or a Red X
- If correct spelling is entered - displayed score will increment by 1
- A total of 26 letter tiles each acting as a button to spell out the animal names.
- Correct animal spellings are all stored in an array for correct lookup
- Project contains only three slides. Title Slide, Spelling slide, and Thank you slide.
Areas of Improvement
- This project could be modified to allow removing tiles to start over if accidentally clicked wrong one
- This could be expanded to randomly choose five images from a larger pool for a new game each time.
- Additional feedback on the correct spelling could be provided.
Please feel free to play with the example as uploaded to ActivePresenter Online.
Thanks for sharing such a great example with us, Greg.
I hope you enjoy using the app and have a positive experience as you become more familiar with it.
Your insights and ideas for expanding this example, along with suggestions for improvement, are noteworthy. These enhancements can benefit other users who can explore and implement them in their own projects.
Here are some additional suggestions to refine this example:
- Add hover states for the start buttons and keys, and include mouse click sound.
- Enhance key events to allow users to press keys or click, based on their preferences.
- Include a button for clearing text in case learners encounter mis-clicks or other issues.
We truly value your contributions and extend a warm invitation not only to you, Greg, but to all ActivePresenter users to share their work with our community. We look forward to seeing more projects from you and others in our community in the future.
Thank you, @Hang , for taking the time to look at it.
Now I need to do a little more work with SCORM exports and testing in my LMS environment.
So far - I think ActivePresenter deserves a place at the table with Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360. What do we need to do in order to gain some traction?
Thank you, Greg, for sharing your thoughts, and yes, please feel free to try out the SCORM exports and test them in your LMS. If you have any questions or concerns while using this feature, kindly let us know.
Absolutely, we appreciate your recognition of ActivePresenter’s potential. We always focus on the product’s capability, which is making ActivePresenter available to address as many users’ concerns as possible. Therefore, our approach revolves around collaboration. We believe in combining your valuable feedback with our expertise to create innovative solutions that meet your needs. Additionally, we are committed to a continuous process of innovation, ensuring our application remains up-to-date with increasingly user-friendly features.
Your support is pivotal in helping ActivePresenter reach its rightful place. We encourage you to share your thoughts and experiences with ActivePresenter within your professional community and on reviewing platforms such as Capterra, G2, and so on. Your reviews and recommendations can provide valuable insights to others, fostering trust and helping us grow. Your feedback and advocacy are vital in our journey to becoming a leading choice in the eLearning industry.
Thank you and have a great day!
Can I see your codes as aproj?
I am not sure what you mean by move activepresenter.
Can you elaborate on that a bit?