When preview in Activ, I can't hear the audio

Hi,

I downloaded the newest version this morning (7.5.3). When I place a new audio on my timeline project, I can’t directly hear it in the preview. But it works fine when I export it in HTML5 preview.

Could you look into it ? Its kind of difficult when you need to place the audio in the right place andyou can’t hear it.

Good day,

1 Like

Hi Lucie,

It seems that ActivePresenter doesn’t recognize the playback device when previewing. You should save your project then restart ActivePresenter and try previewing again.

To avoid this issue, you shouldn’t unplug/plug new speaker or headset while working with ActivePresenter.

If it still doesn’t work, please send us the log file. We will take a look and get back to you later.

To get the log file, please go to ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log

Regards,

Hi,

I didn’t unplug/plug new speaker while working on Activ. I record with another program and add the audio afterwards. I never had any problems since today. I didn’t change the process I always use. But it’s a new version, and I always have issues with the new versions…
You can find the log below.
ActivePresenter.log (1.1 MB)

I opened another project who worked befor. The audio can’t be heard anymore.
Regards,

Thanks for your information. We will fix the issue in the next update. Please revert to version 7.5.2 or try the following steps to overcome the issue:

• In Windows Taskbar, right-click the Audio icon.
  • Select Sounds.
  • In the Playback tab, double-click the default output device.
  • Select the Advanced tab then select one item with 44100Hz.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

You’re welcome. I work in a software editing company, I’m use to this kind of thing, even if it’s better when everything works perfectly !

It may sound stupid but how can I revert to version 7.5.2 ? without erase and download again Activ ?

Hi,

Please download ActivePresenter 7.5.2 here and reinstall: https://cdn.atomisystems.com/apdownloads/ActivePresenter_v7.5.2_setup.exe. It is the fastest way to revert.

Regards,

I am having the same problem. I followed the instructions to ensure that “Exclusive mode” was not selected on my headphones, and I restarted my computer. I still cannot hear anything on my previews (on videos that I created months ago). I have no problem hearing the audio of other applications. I upgraded a few days ago, but I am going to revert to a previous release.

Hi, Thanks for the link to the previous release. I hear the audio now.