Wacom tablet use with Active Presenter

I want to write on the screen in the ActivePresenter. I have a Wacom tablet pad with pen, that works with Adobe Photoshop. Can I use it with ActivePresenter? I want to draw equations and the like. Thank you for your help.

Hi,

Unfortunately, ActivePresenter doesn’t support drawing pad.

We are developing a new feature that supports user can insert equations in ActivePresenter. This update will be available at the end of this year.

Regards,

Hello. It’s now 2019 and I try to capture drawing in photoshop with activepresenter. In the recording, there is always the clicking sound from the pen on the tablet and red dots around the parts where I put pressure on the tablet while drawing. How can I get rid of that? Thanks!

Hi,

It seems you’re mentioning to the cursor effects. You can follow the tutorial to hide the cursor effect in the recorded video: https://atomisystems.com/tutorials/ap7/changing-mouse-cursor-captured-videos/

Regards,

I am a teacher using active presenter to record lessons on my iTV / digital whiteboard (from ViewSonic). It is not capturing the writing. Is there a setting to enable that, and if not can I make a feature request?
I believe the writing is treated as an overlay on top of the background. I could imagine that going into ActivePresenter as a separate object layer.

Hi Paul,

Could you please describe the problem in more detail so we can better assist you? A video demonstrating the issue would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Issue Demo

I recorded a demonstration. The web-cam view shows what is visible live and behind that is what ActivePresenter captures. There is an overlay layer from the ViewSonic board that contains the pen input that is not being captured.

Thank you for your video demonstration.

Can you please try unchecking the Use Direct3D for recording screen option (ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous) to see if it helps?

Regards,

Thanks for that suggestion but it had no effect in this case.

Hi @mr.bunnell

The issue may likely be related to the drawing tool on the touch screen after we analyze the problem and conduct additional testing on our end. This means that when you write on your screen using that tool, it just adds a layer that other apps are unaware of.

Can you try using this screen’s drawing tool with another drawing app like Paint and then saving it? Looking at the saved file will show you whether Paint accepts this tool or not.

Regards,

If I have paint directly active, that app receives the input, just like in my demo video I showed that if I have power point directly active, that program receives the input. But if I have the ViewSonic screen-overlay tool active (which lets me write on anything, even things that normally don’t receive any input at all, such as web sites and videos) then you are correct - the screen is adding a layer that the other applications are not aware of.

I did one other test. I drew something with the screen-overlay tool and used a keyboard shortcut with the “print screen” button to take a screenshot. The writing did not show up in the screenshot.

So I think this issue comes down to a new feature request; for ActivePresenter to act like a screen capture where it records everything the screen displays. Like if there were a little recorder on the cable that goes from the computer to the monitor… except in this case there is no cable.

It’s not possible to do that, unfortunately.

Since the screen overlay tool doesn’t communicate data to the operating system of the computer, making it impossible to record.

Regards,