Videos are breaking during playback

Problem: I have several videos in a project embedded directly into the project file (not via embed code). The videos are on top of each other and are hidden when the presentation starts. When clicking on a specific area (number) in a graphic to the left of the videos, a specific video is made visible and played at a time. Afterwards it will be made invisible again. You can then click in another area (number) of the graphic and the corresponding video will be played and so on. The problem is that sometimes the videos are not played completely, but disappear before the “right” end. However, this problem does not occur consistently: If you call up a video a second time, it is more likely (but not sure) to play completely. I haven’t really been able to identify a system with the problem, though, meaning I can’t predict when a video will play completely or stop prematurely. Any idea what this might be due to?

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.4 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2021.11.18)

Notes: -

Hi,

You can fix this problem by right-clicking videos > Initially Hidden to hide them from the beginning instead of adding the Hide Object action to the On Load event.
It’s because if you show videos, then hide them by adding the Hide Object action to the On Load event, the Exit Effect on the main timeline will make videos hide depending on the slide duration.

Regards,
Quynh

Hi Quynh,

thank you very much for your help. I implemented it as you suggested and everything is now working as it should.

Best regards

Matthias