Using AP V6 on Virtual Machine (WVD)

Hi there,
I have OS W10 and using a virtual machine application called Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD).
I have installed AP on the physical machine and attempted a screen capture of programs within WVD. It was able to record, however it seemed the resolution was off. The program was partially captured, and the slides included my desktop screen outside of the frame. I have played with the settings (adjusted from full screen to custom, adjusted the resolution) and got the same result.
I also installed AP on the virtual machine and got the same result.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi Tamara,

I am not sure that I understand your problem correctly. Can you please provide a screenshot?
Please note that ActivePresenter just captures what is displaying on the screen (your physical screen in this case). The parts of window which are not visible or covered by other parts will not be captured.

Regards,

Hello,

I’ve uploaded a snip of what the screen capture looks like after recording using full screen capture.
Red - program I was recording. Half of it was not captured.
Clicks - not on the correct spot even though the buttons I was clicking are captured in the recording.
Black - seems like the black filled the extra resolution space

You can see the AP frame as well as desktop screen outside of the frame.

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your information.
Do you use 100% DPI setting (scaling setting) or a different one? The version 6 doesn’t work well with other DPI settings so please try to use the version 8 for this case.

Regards,