I want to record myself using active presenter, so I can do some basic how to’s for a member of my team.
However I can’t seem to get the application to screen capture itself?
1.) I go to Slide > Record Software Simulation
2.) It goes to a blank screen / minimises the active presenter application, I can’t get the active presenter application to show again until I stop recording? *however I want to record myself using it to enter a project.
Unfortunately, ActivePresenter doesn’t allow to record itself. You should install ActivePresenter in a virtual machine and record from outside.
I have 2 kind of installation files:
I’m using Windows 7
This is what I did:
- When I installed v7.5.4, this will go automatically to C: Program Files\ATOMI
- Move this “ATOMI” folder to C: Program Files (x86)
- Rename the shortcut in desktop as “AP_7.5.4”
- Install the v7.5.3, this will go automatically to C: Program Files\ATOMI
- Rename the shortcut in desktop as “AP_7.5.3”, so you know the different
- Run AP_7.5.3, select “Record Video”, then press “rec”, run AP_7.5.4, and start making the tutorial.
There will be error message at the beginning:
“Could not create default object template”
But at least it work for me to record the AP tutorial, which is useful to explain to my friend.
The workaround is using the version 6 to record the version 7.