TTS & STT integration

I am looking for subtitle translation and transcription within active presenter. I see that we can create subtitle but what about if we want to translate this to different languages .I am looking for TTS & STT feature integrated with google cloud, amazon poly or azure. is there any plan to come up with these in near future?

Hi,

For subtitle translation, please refer to this tutorial:

Besides, I’m glad to inform you that in version 8.1, you can access external voices from different voice providers (including Amazon Polly, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure). This new feature will provide you more text-to-speech voices to choose from. The version 8.1 is expected to be released in this month.

Regarding speech-to-text feature, unfortunately, this feature is not supported in the current version. We will try to support it soon.

Regards,

Thanks for reply. Great and excited to know that. What about if I have to embed this on my website with different language voice and caption with a single video…

is this also possible to embed and sync online vimeo or youtube video with voices and captions generated by active presenter and embed that video to my website?

Hi,

The version 8.1 allows you to create a project with multi-lingual closed captions and voices. However, when exporting the project to a video, you will get a video with only one voice and many closed caption languages.

After exporting the project to a video with different subtitle files (*.srt) for different languages, you can upload all of them to YouTube and then embed that uploaded video to your website.

Regards,

Thanks for the update, So with version 8.1, we can export multiple captions but we can’t export different voices and play within html? Then what is the difference if we can’t play multiple voices in single video after exporting to html? This would be same like current situation that we can export only single voice with multiple language captions.

I m looking for multiple voices as well as captions available within player and user have control to change voice and captions.

If I m missing something, It will be great if you can share demo screenshot or video for the player running different language and captions.

Regards
Niraj

Hi,

Have you taken a look at the above tutorial? It contains a video demonstrating how viewers can toggle between different closed caption languages (0:12 - 0:18s).

The tutorial also guide the detailed steps to add multiple languages for each closed caption, then viewers can toggle between languages based on their choice.

Regarding to TTS feature, it allows you to convert each closed caption to a single voice.

Regards,

I know and watched but this is not answer of my query. Please check again. I m looking if i will be able to select multiple voice over similar to options to choose multiple captions.

Thanks
Niraj

Hi,

As mentioned in my previous reply, exporting video to multiple voices is not supported yet.
You can consider localizing your projects for each language:

Regards,

I am talking about upcoming new version 8.1 not current. Seems you have not understood my messages correctly. please check again. Let me explain again. As you told, we can create multiple voice in new version. So my question will I also able to selected multiple voiceover in html similar like we choose captions in upcoming version.

Hi,

It’s impossible to do that, viewers can select multiple closed captions, but it’s impossible to select multiple voiceover.

Regards,

This is possible… one tool “Alugha” that is doing the same thing. please check some video with this link. It has multiple voiceover with captions. Under player, choose globe icon to change the voice and caption. https://alucation.alugha.com/videos/

Thanks
Niraj

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing us this feature.
We will consider it and try to support if there are more requests from users.

Regards,

Hi,
I strongly support Niraj’s feature request: User can select different languages in the player and closed captions and audio files (from TTS) change at the same time.
Such a feature would be crucial for the extended use of ActivePresenter in our global organization.
Best regards,
Martin

2 Likes

Hi

Any update on this? When is it coming up with its updated features?

Thanks
Niraj

Hi,

The version 8.1 (with TTS feature integrated with Google Cloud, Amazon Poly, and Microsoft Azure) will be available around this week.

Regards,

Hi,

is this also possible to translate caption from one language to another? Also could you give me estimate when STT feature would be available?

Thanks
niraj

Hi,

It’s possible to add multiple language for closed captions.
Please take a look at this tutorial to learn more:

Regarding the Speech to Text feature, it is already in our to-do list, however, the exact date has not
been specified.

Regards,
Yen

Hi Yen,

I see that there is manual translation. It would be better if you can consider to auto translation feature from one language to another language.

Thanks
Niraj

Hi,

I’m sorry for my misunderstanding.
We’ll consider the feature, thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
Yen