Trouble with Playing Video

Hallow,
I have been using the latest version of activepresenter for a week now. I work on a laptop & it has 4gb ram. It worked good enough for this one week. But today after I recorded a 40 minutes long video, it crashed while playing it. The recording was smooth & the video played smoothly for 6 minutes. But after that I couldn’t get it to work anymore. Editing & exporting video is still fine. Could you please help me with this matter?

Hi,

Can you please tell what is the video resolution?
4GB RAM is somewhat too small for editing long and high-resolution video.

Regards,

1 Like

It’s 1338*728 & the original video is 1 hour long. I sped it up though.

Can you please share the log of ActivePresenter? To view the log, in Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon) > Miscellaneous > View Log. If the file is too long, you can email to us at support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

1 Like

I have actually deleted the video because it was too irritating & made it again in three parts. But can you tell me what I should do to avoid such problems? Will getting a better ram help?

I will be sending you the log too

I have sent the log via mail.

Hi @MuhsinaKhan,

We have checked the log and it seems that the video file was corrupted somehow. I think that it is not a memory problem. If the problem happens again, please let us know.

Regards,

The problem isn’t much now. It still crashes sometimes, but it’s workable. Thanks for your help.