Transition to AP after stop recording always show same old recording

Problem: after I stop recording it goes to Active Presenter but always showing a previus tab and nothing on the recent recording

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.3.2 - 64-bit build. (Released: 2021.01.26)

Notes:

Hi Lito,

I think that you mistakenly chose the Record Software Simulation mode instead of Record Video to record. If that’s not your case, please send us the log file of ActivePresenter to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.

To view the log,

• In Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon)
  • Select Miscellaneous.
  • Click View Log.

Regards,
Hang

Hang,
I did want Software Simulation, but I figured out what happened… it was a weird setting that confused me, sorry.
You may close this case , but I do have a new problem:
When I review or play the captured software simulation, I do not see tooltips that my application displayed during capture. Also, during capture certain grids display the results of my clicking, but they do not show during replay.
Please advise, thank you

I was operating under software simulation. I switched to record video and I can now see the tooltips and the grids.
Not sure I understand well the difference between s/w simulation and video capture.

Hi,

Here is the Recording Settings for Software Simulation dialog. (click Settings/ the gear icon in the recording dialog > Recording Settings… to open this dialog).

If you want to record tooltips in software simulation recording, please take note the following:
When the tooltip appears:

• press F8 on the keyboard and then click the mouse anywhere on the screen > this helps you capture both the image of a tooltip and the mouse click action in one slide.
  • press Print Screen and then click the mouse anywhere on the screen > this helps you capture the tooltip in one slide and the mouse click action in another slide.

You can refer to this thread for more information about the differences between the 2 recording modes in ActivePresenter: Software Simulation Audio/Video settings

Regards,