Text Entry States and Placeholders

Summary

I was wondering if there were any ways for text entry objects to have different placeholders depending on their state. (without any kind of “if statement” (selection))

Hi,

The Text Entry object has a disabled state by default. Besides, you can only change the placeholder of a Text Entry to Rounded Rectangle. Then, you can use the Change Object State action to show the states that you have made.

Please take a look at the following tutorials for more information.

You can also send a sample project to support@atomisystems.com and describe what you want to do more specifically so we can help.

Regards,

Summary

Thank you for your response,
I’m sorry, it seems that I was unclear; what I meant by placeholder wasn’t the shape of the text entry, but the default text within the placeholder that disappears when the user clicks on it to type in an answers.

Summary

I hope this isn’t too much to ask for, but I was wondering if I could please know all the possible attributes for the prez.object(‘onetop’).textNode.setAttribute() function, such as ‘placeholder’. I was also wondering if I could know the other functions for textNode.
Thank you for your help

Hi,

ActivePresenter doesn’t support setting placeholder for Text Entry from UI, but you can use Javascript instead. You can add the following script to the On Load event of a slide to set a placeholder for a text box:

prez.object('text box name').textNode.placeholder = 'place holder text';

Please refer to this thread for more information:

Kindly note that “textNode” is HTML <input> element. If you want to know more about its attributes and properties, please search for those of HTML.

Regards,