Submit multi pages quiz only at the end

Hi,

I have a multi pages quiz’s with several questions per page. O know how to submit a full page, but I want the user to able to go forward and backward through the pages updating his answer and then submit the full quiz at the end when he is happy with all answers.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible.
However, I think you can set Infinite attempts for every quizz and remove their correct/incorrect feedback so that the user can submit a quiz again if he wants.

Regards

Dear Toan,
I would request this feature as well.
Approach: The user geos through 10 random slides from a pool. He can go back and forward until he submits the results for evaluation. After submitting the course can be reviewed.
Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

Did you try the workaround I mentioned?

For your convenience, please check this sample:
submit-all-questions.approj (1.3 MB)

Regards

Thank you Toan. This was exactly the approach I was looking for. I will check if I can use it for my presentation as well.

Dear Toan.
The example works fine so far, however on the last slide the button “Submit all” appears even if the presentation was allready evaluated. Is the presentation in this case automatically in “reviewMode” so that I could use your events and conditions to hide the button and show the report instead?
Best wishes
Ludger

I already made this button hidden in review mode.
Please let me know how you still see it?
Did you use SCORM or xAPI and visit the lesson again?

I used HTML5-Preview (“Test” Mode) to test it. I submitted the 4 questions at the end and I got the report. Then I used the navigation pane to go to the previous questions and clicked “next”. On the last slide the submit buttons appears.

I found that the real “review mode” works as expected. How do you hide the button in “reivew mode”?

Best wishes

I hide the button in On Load event of the Report Slide Layout in master view (View > Slide Master)
You can add a TRUE/FALSE variable QuestionSubmitted (default FALSE), set it to TRUE when the button is clicked, and check it to hide the button in On Load event:

Regards

Thanks, Toan. That works.
My presentation however still waits for user input to show the results (even if the button is now hidden).
Best wishes

Maybe you navigate back when the presentation is already ended so the timeline doesn’t run.
When the presentation is ended, you must click Review Course or play button in the toolbar to change the presentation state to “playing”.
I’ve added a End Course button so that the presentation will not finish automatically. The viewer must click on this button to end the presentation.
Please download the sample in my previous answer again.

Regards

Thank you, Toan. In your (new) example it is possible for the user to change the input after the questions were allready submitted. At least this works in my HTML5 preview. Also on the results slide the “Total Time” changes but I would expect that once the presentation was evaluated the time stops.

Wouldn’t it be possible to activate the review mode once the user receives the results of the evaluation?

Best wishes

Hi Ludger,
You can add Review Presentation action to the “submit all” button to activate the review mode.
This action will also jump to the first slide so you may need to add a Go to Slide action to jump back to the report slide.

Regards

An other issue I wanted to mention in this context: When running in an LMS the user still can change the input of the questions since the presentation is not automatically loaded in review mode (at least in our LMS).
Best wishes
Ludger

Unfortunately, the current version of ActivePresenter doesn’t restore the review state when loading from an LMS.
We’ll try to improve it in the futures.

Regards

Dear Toan,
do we have any other chance to “lock” the results?
Best wishes

You can add the following script to Project Properties > Event to switch to the review mode if submit all button is pressed in previous session:

if (prez.variable('QuestionSubmitted')) {
    setTimeout(function() {
        prez.reviewCourse();
    }, 0);
}

But it may not work with LMSs that support review mode by themself.

Regards

This works in our LMS. Thank you, Toan.

1 Like