I hope you are all doing fine.
Recently, we have been experiencing a sound issue when using exported SCORM files.
When we click a go “forward 1 slide / continue presentation” button in a SCORM file with audio the sound mutes itself and manual unmute is required.
It is not systematic but sometimes (multiple users and PCs): Audio is playing fine on slide 1… click continue button… slide 2 starts muted.
It also mutes if you leave chrome for another software and come back - presentation is still playing but muted.
This was not the case before. You could “unfocus” Chrome and still hear the presentation in the background whilst on another window.
I’m assuming this is linked to Chrome or Docebo but wanted to check if you aware of something like this.
I’m going to check with Moodle.
We’ve tested and see that it works in both HTML5 and Moodle.
Please let me know the following information:
- The OS and the version of Chrome on which you viewed your presentation.
- Can you give us the .approj file for checking the issue? If it’s possible, you can send the link to our support email at email@example.com.
I sent en email including a video of the issue and the AP file.
- For the video of the sound issue – the sound mutes when going from slide 2 to 3. And requires a click to unmute.
- It does not happen again when we click back on the timeline again.
- This is a TEST Scorm.
- The same happens if we leave the PRACTICE version run from the beginning.
- If we click ahead in the PRACTICE version – e.g. click somewhere near the end of side 2 – it does not happen.
I am using :
WINDOWS 10 – latest version – 2004 – oS build 19041.508
AP 8.2.0 PRO
Google Chrome is up to date - Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Thanks for your detailed information. We will check and get back to you as soon as possible.
We see that the recent changes in Chromium (the core of Chrome & Edge browsers) lead to this problem. We will release a fix for this issue in the next week.
Thank you for looking into this.
What does this mean in terms of already exported courses?
I have 40+ courses made with AP6, AP7 and AP8 - which ones may encounter this issue?
if only AP8 - is it all or since a certain release / date?
If the test goes well, we plan to release on 20th October (Tuesday).
Unfortunately, I am afraid that you have to re-export all of your courses.
We are thinking about an option to allow multiple SCORM/xAPI courses share a same HTML5 player. That will reduce updating time for each problematic change of browsers.
Ok - Thanks - I will keep my eye out for the release.
For moodle where I have access to the FTP is there a single file I can copy from the newly exported SCORM (once fixed) to the OLD SCORM and replace an older file? or do i need to upload a whole new SCORM?
Not sure if this would make sense anyway but wanted to check just in case.
You can try to replace the old player files in HTML5/player inside the SCORM zip packages with the new ones. We haven’t tested well for this use case but I think it can work for any packages generated by version 8. I am also not sure that Moodle may cache extracted SCORM somewhere in the system which makes this method doesn’t work.
did this get resolved at all? I’ve had a user experience the same thing.
These problems were already resolved. If you have the problem, please let us know the following:
- The browser and its version on which the issue occurs.
- The device and operating system.
- The version of ActivePresenter.
- If possible, please share the project file and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files pattern so we can check.