Sharing HTML5 with other users

Hello,

I just recently downloaded your free software to see if it will work for my organization. I created a “Record Software Simulation” project, saved it, and used HTML5 to export it. The project is currently saved to my C: and other users on my network are unable to view the file even after sharing the folder and file with them. I also attempted to save the file to our SharePoint site (shared site) and when clicked a blank page opens in IE and Chrome. Lastly, I downloaded Filezilla and saved the files to the server, attempted to access it through FTP and this still did not work.

I am just simply trying to make the project files accessible to my network and this seems impossible with your product. If I am going about this the wrong way, please inform me of the correct method to use.

P.S. I am interested in users having the option to access the Demo, Tutorial, Practice, or Test simulations.

Hi,

ActivePresenter only helps creating the HTML5 content. How you use or share it is up to you.
Basically, you can use FTP client like FileZilla to upload the entire exported HTML5 folder to your web server and then access the index.html file through HTTP or HTTPS via a web browser.
If you don’t know how to do that then please consult your IT support personnel.

Best Regards,

Thank you dangle for your response. I figured out how to get it to work with SharePoint. If anyone else needs help sharing with others below are the steps I followed:

First, the problem I was having is when I uploaded the HTML5 to SharePoint it was opening as a .txt file. So…

1. I went to my local folder where my project saved
  2. Located one of the following files: index.html, test.html, etc.
  3. Right-clicked the first one (for example: test.html)
  4. Clicked ‘Rename’
  5. Changed the file name to test.aspx (NOTE: make sure the file extension changes…your file name should NOT be test.aspx.html)
  6. Once you have changed all of the .html files that you want to upload to SharePoint
  7. Open your document library in your SharePoint site
  8. Select the top level folder from your local folder and drag it into your document library (IE doesn’t support drag and drop)
  9. Once your files are uploaded, click one of the files to open, and Wahlah! It opens in a browser.

And now, you also have a hyperlink that can be sent to others.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone. I’m fresh on ActivePresenter and similar to the above comments, I want to be able to share my HTML5 content on my Wix site to my clients. I tried the steps from LeShaundaC but they didn’t work for me. I’m happy for workaround solutions as well.

Karim