Send Developers my Log File

Hi,

ActivePresenter crashes on me a few times every day. Because of this I’ve learned to save my project often - and also use the auto-file-recovery feature you provide (thank you!).

Is there a way I can just email the development team my log file for review every once in a while so they can use the information simply to improve the product? (I can tolerate the crashing, but would love to see it improved over time.)

Thanks,

Russell

Hi,
Please do send us log file and describe what you’re doing when it crashes, we would love to make it more stable as possible.

You can find the log of ActivePresenter by going to Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> View Log button.
Or you can also access the log file directly by opening Explorer, type in %AppData%\ActivePresenter then press Enter, the log file name is ActivePresenter.log in that folder.

You can send the log file to support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for offering to accept my log. It appears that ActivePresenter doesn’t keep a perpetual log that grows indefinitely? (If so, please tell me how to turn this on.)

I don’t have the time to send you a log each time it crashes (though it does crash a few times a day with full-time use), but could send you my log file every once in a while if that would be helpful to you?

I was going to do so - but with the application open right now, my ActivePresenter.log file is 0 bytes.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Russell

Hi,

The log file will be cleared automatically if it is too long (> 2MB).

We have received the log file and checked it. It seems to be a project-specific issue. Can you please share the project file and its external data folder named in the pattern PROJECT_FILE_files if any, so we can analyze further? You can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive and send a link to us at support@atomisystems.com

Regards,

Hi @Russell,

We have checked the new logs. Besides the crashing issue when manipulating images, the issue also happens when previewing. I guess it is a memory or graphics card problem.

Can you please try following steps to see if they can help:

• In Start Page, click Preferences (the Gear icon near the bottom left).
  • In the Preferences dialog, select Miscellaneous.
  • Check the option named Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
  • Click OK and restart the program.

Please also don’t use too large images (> 2000x2000, for example) since some GPUs are not strong enough to handle them.

Regards,

Hi Phuongdv,

I’m having much better success with these settings.

Thank you,

Russell

Hi Phuongdv,

How about when I import images that are too large, maybe the software should offer to reduce them for me? :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Russell

1 Like