Scroll bar for large image

Hello AP Support,
Is it possible to add a vertical scrollbar to a static image that is larger than the slide?
Thanks as always for your help!
Scott

Hi Scott,

You can use the Flex Box feature for that. Please see attached example:Scroll.approj (1.4 MB)

Below is the detail steps:

• Select Insert > Container > Flex Box.
  • Go to the Properties pane > Size & Properties > Container Layout, then set Overflow to Auto.
  • Click the add button inside the box to insert image.
  • Go to the Properties pane > Size & Properties > Flex Child.
  • Set Lock Aspect Ratio to None, and set the PX unit for Width and Height.

Regards,

Thank you very much, Phuong! Perfect solution. Flex boxes are a great addition to the feature set.

Best,
Scott

Hi, I got a similar problem. I also use a large text as an image that I want to be scrollable, but I want interactive elements to be part of this text, e.g. students need to click at the position where there is a topic change etc.

As far as I can see, the FlexBox does not allow for a group object, right?

I tried using animations in different timelines for the up and down direction with start/continue animation on rollover of up-arrow/down-arrow and pause animation on rollout. But these stop working once the animation is done. And repeat will start the animation from the beginning not from where the text was left.

So I tried using Javascript. It’s doable if, say, the text moves a fixed amount of pixels on click or rollover etc. But I would like have the text (plus other objects) scroll up and down while rollover and stop moving on rollout. I got the group to scroll but I did not get it to stop and it would always scroll to the end of the text. Is there a way to start a script on rollover and then stop the same script on rollout? I tried to to use SetInterval with a prez.variable on rollout but that did not work.
Or is there another way to have a scrollable group?

Thanks for your help,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Flexbox does support group objects. Please take a look at the following article to see how to use Flexbox: https://atomisystems.com/tutorials/ap8/flex-box-new-feature-in-activepresenter-8/.

Please let me know if it doesn’t help.

Regards,

Thanks, Dao,

no this is not quite what I am looking for.

I’m working on a Project to teach students how to read academic Texts. The text is .jpg with a height of 7000px and can be found as an Image object in my slide. In this Image object I have hotspots that students Need to click. There might be a Task like: “The author mentions three Basic Problems in his text. Where does the discussion of the first Problem begin?”.

I can use a Group object to make this work. However, I would like to make this Group object scrollable, as described in my previous post.

I hope I managed to describe what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help,

Rolf

Thanks, i now managed to solve the Problem using Javascript.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

In the current version, a Flexbox can’t contain normal group objects.
But you can set Flex layout for the slide in Properties > Size & Properties > Container Layout and set Overflow to Auto. The image and hotspot objects should be excluded from the flex layout (right-click, select Exclude from Container Layout)

Regards

Hello Rolf,
I have the same problem in our project. How did you solve it with JS?
Regards,
Augustin

Hi Augustin,

I used a workaround. Objects can have a size of up to 10000 px. So, I had a very large group object and two little arrows with the JS that moved the object up and down.

Hope that helps,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

yes, it does. Thank you very much :grinning: