Saved Recording Screen File Not showing Up (Video & Audio)

Problem:

I used to record the screen and edit some parts of it then saved the file after. When I tried to open the project file again to continue editing, It shows up but there’s no video and audio anymore.

I hope someone could help me fix this problem and recover my files again.

Thank you!

ActivePresenter version: Free Edition Version 6.1.6 (2018 released)

Note: Upon editing the file (split/trimming only) there was actually a video and audio playing and clearly recorded but after saving the recoded screen project and opened it again the AP opens but no video & audio available anymore.

Hi Mark,

ActivePresenter stores large audio/video resources of a project in an external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files. Please make sure that you do not delete this folder.

Besides, when copying, moving, or renaming a project file, please make sure to copy, move, or rename its data folder (if any) accordingly.

Regards,
Yen

Thank you for the prompt respond HaiYen!

Question: What if I already deleted the PROJECT FILE, is there any way to recover the file video & audio ?

Thank you!

Hi Mark,

In case you deleted the folder, you can open the Recycle bin to restore it. If you delete the folder forever and cannot restore it in the Recycle bin, I’m afraid that there is no way to recover it.

Regards,
Yen