Resource file not found

Resource file not found: C:\blah\blah\blah\blah\blah\3 - Adding the Task Hazards and Controls_files\10000_3 - Adding the Task Hazards and Controls.mp4

Can anyone explain to me why this is missing?

I have several other videos in the same directory - I recorded them all in the same day - and this one is broken. All of the shapes/text/overlays I added are still there but it won’t actually play the video.

Will I need to rerecord it or is there a way to recover the lost video?

Edit: The timeline still shows an object in place of the video, but it’s just a black screen.

Many thanks for your time

Hi,
It looks like you have moved or removed the actual video file that your project is referring to.
If you moved it then you can move it back to that location.
If you deleted the file then it doesn’t exist anymore.

Regards,

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I did rename all of the videos but never moved/deleted them, and it’s the only one that won’t work. I guess it was somehow corrupted and I’ll just need to rerecord it.

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

I’m getting the same error, but it looks like it just can’t find the audio portion (which I still need), which looks like was the same issue as the OP was experiencing.

Hi Dan,

Neither I have deleted nor moved the files. Still I am not able to hear the audio as I receive same message mentioned by Sam. Please see the attached screenshot where the Audio files are being displayed, however the files in respective location are not available. Though I have few other recordings which work perfectly. Please suggest how to get audio.

Thanks,
Bhabani

Hi,

Did you rename the project file?

ActivePresenter stores large audio/video resources of a project in an external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files. When copying, moving, or renaming a project file, please make sure to copy, move, or rename its data folder (if any) accordingly.

In case you rename the project, please take a look at this thread to find a solution:

Regards,
Yen