Re-demo makes the gif lose its dynamic effect

Hello there,
I ran into two problems when making the courseware today.
First, the yellow triangle is under the spaceship, but when the project is previewed in full screen in Google Chrome, the triangle is on the top.
Second, because of the courseware needs, the gif made does not loop. When the gif first appears, it is dynamic, but when I press the “Re-demo” button, the gif loses its dynamic effect. I think “re-demo” is to start all over again, and the gif should be as dynamic as it first appeared.
Attachment: the triangular area and one of the gif pictures.shape

Hi,

Your first issue occurs on Chromium based browsers (e.g. Chrome, Edge version 80 or later) when using hardware acceleration.
So, to overcome this issue, you can add the following script to Project Properties > Event
AP.forceGPU = false;
We’re sorry for this inconvenience.
We’ll try to find a workaround for this browser issue in the future releases.

About the second issue, it will be helpful if you can share us your project so that we can check.
I don’t really understand what you mean about the “Re-demo” button.

Kind regards,
Thuy

I have already sent my project to your mailbox. May I ask where the project went wrong.

Hi,

We’ve check your project and find out that when restarting presentation, browser will reuse gif from cache.
Some browser like Chrome doesn’t reset state of the gif so your gif loses its dynamic effect.
When previewing, the gif won’t be saved in cache so it still remains effect.
So, you can add this javascript on On Load event of the slide. By using it, the browser will reload the gif.

$('img').each(function() {
        var src = this.src;
        if (src.substring(src.length - 4) == '.gif')
            this.src = src + '?dummy=' + Math.random();
    });

Kind regards,
Thuy

2 Likes

The problem has been solved, thank you very much.