Problems with textbox

Problem:
Hi,

on a slide I use many (partly overlappaing) textboxes that are aligned. In preview as well as HTML5 export this alignment is lost. Also, while text fits perfectly into the boxes when I’m in AP it does not anymore in preview and export (I used ARIAL MS UNICODE).

Thanks,

Rolf

ActivePresenter version: 8

Notes:

Hi Rolf,

It would be helpful if you can share project having the issue and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files(if any) to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.
If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then send the download link to us.

Regards,

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for sharing the project. There is a small difference between the ways ActivePresenter and browsers process text so the problem. Can you please let us know why you need to use different text boxes? Is it possible to merge them into one?

Regards,

Thanks for your reply.

In this special case I could use one text box. But it would be good if I could rely on the position of text boxes in browsers.

A use case might be, for instance, that hovering over different parts of the tree digram on the left would then highlight individual boxes.

Best,
Rolf

Thanks for your information.

We will try to fix the problem in the future update. In the meantime, please consider using Object States instead. It maybe more convenient in some cases. Please take a look at this article for detail: https://atomisystems.com/tutorials/ap8/work-with-object-states-in-activepresenter-8/

Regards,

Thanks!

Yes, I do use object states but I need the relevant text parts to be in their own text box object to make that work.

It’d be great if this problem could be fixed in a future update. Also, there is a problem with the text within text boxes. Even though the text fits in the textbox in AP, and even though I embed the fonts, text boxes may still ‘overflow’ in browsers …

Thanks,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Please extend the width of textboxes a bit to resolve the issue.

Regards,