Problem with Spotlight

Hi,

I use the spotlight fonction for feedback but since the last version, the outline is smaller than the slide.

It’s only visible when I use the preview and when I export it in HTML5.
How can I do for it to take all the slide ?

ActivePresenter Version: 7.5.8

Kind regards,
Lucie

Hi Lucie,

We have checked but could not reproduce the issue.

Does the issue occur when you run the HTML5 or preview in editor? If it occurs on HTML5, could you please share the information about your browser?
And share with us the project including the external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files if any so we can check? You can email it to support@atomisystems.com.

Regards,

Hi Lucie,

I’ve just checked your project and found that this issue occurs on Chrome at some zoom level.
Please reset your browser zoom to 100% (click on the address bar and press Ctrl+0) and try again.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the solution, it works. But does that mean that we must be on 100% zoom when we do the export in HTML5 for the spotlight to properly works ?
What if one of my student needs to change the zoom of his/her browser, the problem will appears again ?

Regards,

Hi Lucie,

It seems that it’s a rendering issue of Chrome browser, we can’t do anything with it.
The browser console shows that the spotlight position and size are correct, but it’s rendered incorrectly.
I also can’t reproduce this issue on other browsers like Firefox, Edge.

Regards

Hi Lucie,

Please try the following workaround to see if it help:

• Create a blank slide then copy the Spotlight to it.
  • Right-click the Spotlight and select Merge into background.
  • Click View > Resources > Images.
  • Select the created image and drop it into the old slide.

Regards,

Hi,

We tried your method but it’s too complex and time consuming. I transfered you only few slides, but I have approximatly 100 slides on different projects.
We found a solution (witch is not really satisfactory) : we barely move the spotlight’s center left (when the problem is on the right side of the slide), down (when up) etc… It reduces the visual problem but doesn’t erase it.
We tested it on others projects, and sometimes, even with 100% zoom, the shift is still visible on some slides(even with firefox or another browser).

Regards,