Problem viewing a project created under version 8 generated by version 9

Problem:
Since this week, we notice a problem with projects initially created with version 8 and that we now use with version 9: when we preview in html 5, elements are very slow to render, some animations don’t run, and after a while the preview crashes (browser error message that page do not answer).
We tried to export the projects concerned in html5 and noticed the same problems.

Conversely, we do not encounter these problems with files initially created with version 9.
Moreover, we had already reused these files before with version 9 without encountering this problem, it is certainly caused by a recent update…

Can you solve this problem please?
Best regards.

ActivePresenter version: Version 9.0.6

Notes:

HELP!

I’ve just experienced the same problem. I have just modified a presentation created in version 8 (for which both SCORM and HTML exports were generated successfully) but the newly created HTML or SCORM exports will not run. They simply hang at the end of the intro slide. Both Microsoft Edge & Firefox report an error with page and ask if you want to continue. If you say yes, then the browsers either hang or crash.

OS is Windows 10

Hi all,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

To better analyze and find out the cause of this problem, can you guys send us the project having the issue and its external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so we can check?
If these files are large, you can upload them to cloud storage like Google Drive and give us the link (with access permission) to download them.

Regards,
Hang

Hi everybody, after updating from version 9.0.5 to 9.0.6 the same issue occurs on our side. A project which has been created before the update to 9.0.6 is now very slow, animations do not run and after some clicks forward or backward the course get stucked and is waiting for the cache… tested via preview function and html5 output in chrome, edge and firefox. Please fix this bug!!! At the moment all exports are useless, we can not continue with our work.
P.S.: The bugfix regarding the group hover issue is working fine :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance and best regards
Sven

Thank you for your reply. I have forwarded the Active Presenter file, along with the HTML output, compressed to a single ZIP file, to the email address provided. I did not include the SCORM output as that ZIP is quite large and the problem is the same as the HTML version.

Regards,
Ian

Hi @IanMP

Thank you for your information but we haven’t received your files yet. Could you please send the files again to support@atomisystems.com?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Hang

Hi everyone,

We have checked the project sent by @pedagotheque and found that this is a bug in version 9.0.6 when showing/hiding a group consisting of too many child objects with shadow effects. We will fix it soon and inform you when the new update is released.

If @IanMP and @Sven are having a different issue, kindly share your project so we can look into it.

Best regards,
Hang

Hi Hang,
Thanks for investigating this issue. I can confrim, that on our side we are facing this issue inside projects in which we are using show/hide groups with many child objects and shadow effects. I tested with another object whith a more simpler structure and there it seems to work correctly (unless I have an object with a shadow, then performance problems arise and the corresponding slides run a little slower) .
So we wait for the new update.
Best regards
Sven

2 Likes

Hi Hang,

Thank you and congratulations for your speed in responding and resolving our problems.

Best regards
Thomas

1 Like

Hi @IanMP

Regarding your project sent via email, can you please install and test the following temporary version to see if it works for you?

Regards,

1 Like

Hello Hang,

Thanks for the update file. I have installed the EXE file and tested the two AP files that were showing the problem, using both HTML preview and by exporting compiled HTML & SCORM files.

ALL WORKED PERFECTLY! :+1:

All of the additions / updates I made to my presentations now work exactly as expected, without having to compromise or change any new or existing content.

Many, many thanks for your swift solution to this problem. :smiley:

Kind regards,
Ian

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

An update with a fix for this issue has been released.
Please access the Help tab > Check Updates to check it out.

Best regards,

1 Like