Since this week, we notice a problem with projects initially created with version 8 and that we now use with version 9: when we preview in html 5, elements are very slow to render, some animations don’t run, and after a while the preview crashes (browser error message that page do not answer).
We tried to export the projects concerned in html5 and noticed the same problems.
Conversely, we do not encounter these problems with files initially created with version 9.
Moreover, we had already reused these files before with version 9 without encountering this problem, it is certainly caused by a recent update…
I’ve just experienced the same problem. I have just modified a presentation created in version 8 (for which both SCORM and HTML exports were generated successfully) but the newly created HTML or SCORM exports will not run. They simply hang at the end of the intro slide. Both Microsoft Edge & Firefox report an error with page and ask if you want to continue. If you say yes, then the browsers either hang or crash.
To better analyze and find out the cause of this problem, can you guys send us the project having the issue and its external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to email@example.com so we can check?
If these files are large, you can upload them to cloud storage like Google Drive and give us the link (with access permission) to download them.
Hi everybody, after updating from version 9.0.5 to 9.0.6 the same issue occurs on our side. A project which has been created before the update to 9.0.6 is now very slow, animations do not run and after some clicks forward or backward the course get stucked and is waiting for the cache… tested via preview function and html5 output in chrome, edge and firefox. Please fix this bug!!! At the moment all exports are useless, we can not continue with our work.
P.S.: The bugfix regarding the group hover issue is working fine
Thanks in advance and best regards
Thank you for your reply. I have forwarded the Active Presenter file, along with the HTML output, compressed to a single ZIP file, to the email address provided. I did not include the SCORM output as that ZIP is quite large and the problem is the same as the HTML version.
We have checked the project sent by @pedagotheque and found that this is a bug in version 9.0.6 when showing/hiding a group consisting of too many child objects with shadow effects. We will fix it soon and inform you when the new update is released.
If @IanMP and @Sven are having a different issue, kindly share your project so we can look into it.
Thanks for investigating this issue. I can confrim, that on our side we are facing this issue inside projects in which we are using show/hide groups with many child objects and shadow effects. I tested with another object whith a more simpler structure and there it seems to work correctly (unless I have an object with a shadow, then performance problems arise and the corresponding slides run a little slower) .
So we wait for the new update.