Pop up or branching

Problem:

I would like to create either a pop-up or branch and return to same slide in a course I am developing. I have made an icon interactive and linked it to another slide but on running course it works fine for a couple of times then it stops working.
I guess I am doing something wrong any thoughts on best way to archive this.

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.5.6 - 64-bit build.

Notes:

Hi Bernard,

Please consider trying out either of the ways below to see if it works.

1. Create a pop-up:
  • Create a Custom feedback layer (View tab > Feedback Master).
    Then, add events - actions to the button on the feedback to hide itself when clicking it. (Button > On Click event > Hide Feedback Layer).

• Add events - actions to the button in the original slide to show the customed feedback.
    You can take a look at this video(How to Create and Show Feedback Layers - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube) to know how to create and show a specific feedback layer.
    Also, see the attached sample for a better understanding.
    Custom feedback.approj (3.5 MB)

1. Use branching:
    Suppose that your slide has a button.
    Then, you can add one of the two following events - actions to go back to the original slide:

As you said the interactive icon stops working after a couple of times, please check if you use Mouse Click or any types of interaction objects with the default Attempt value.
Just change it to Infinite value, instead.
If it doesn’t work, you can send the project to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.

Have a nice day,
Thuy

Thanks Thuy,

I created a copy of the first slide, linked to the additional information slide with a button. Then returned to the second slide that way I avoided problem of same audio introduction repeating. I used to use Captivate and in that program to get best results you needed to use Java script a lot.

I am enjoying Active presenter great program but obviously takes a while to learn small differences