Player settings, error message

Problem:
Dear support,
I face the problem that the preview in the player settings does not work any more but it displays an error message (see screen):

What can I do to get the preview working correctly?
Best wishes
Ludger

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.

Notes:

Hi Ludger,

It means that there are syntax errors in the presentation data file (rlprez.js).
It usually comes from user scripts in Execute JavaScript actions.
You can preview your project in browser, press F12 to open the browser console to see the line number in rlprez.js which causes the error:

Regards

Dear Toan,
the problem is that in my project preview I cannot see any errors but the presentation works fine.
Do you have any ideas how to identify the problem?
BTW: I found that handling errors in user scripts could be improved. In my browser console e.g. a problem with prez.object does not throw any error messages.
Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

Does it occur with any projects or just a specific one?
If it occurs with one project, please send it to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.

Regards

Hi Ludger,

Thank you for sharing your project.
ActivePresenter uses Internet Explorer (IE) for previewing in Player Settings window.
Your script has arrow function in On Click event of Submit object (cV.texts1.every(a => (...)), but IE doesn’t support it so you see this error.
Replacing it by a normal function will resolve this error.
You can check the error by previewing your project in IE browser.

Please be noted that IE doesn’t support many other ES6 features, so you should not use ES6 if you want to preview in Player Settings window or IE browser.

Regards

Dear Toan,
thank you as always. I replaced the arrow function and now it works. From now on I will also preview my presentations in IE (as long as it is available) and not only in Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
Best wishes