Player settings and untitled bug?

I have 3 questions:

• Is there a way to make a preset of the player settings for a group of projects that we want to have the same configurations for, but don’t want to have to go do it by hand every time? I see there’s presets for the skins that change how the toolbar looks but what about the parameters in the general tab?
  • On a project that’s being worked by 2 people, do those player settings change because of the different computers it’s being worked on or is it something that stays “attached” to the project?
  • And what’s the deal with the “untitled” sub-title that appear next to the title of every project? How can we take it off? I attached a screenshot of this last one.
    untitle bug

ActivePresenter version: Version 8.2.1

Hi Beatriz,

Please find my answer to your question below:

• Before creating project, you can set everything in the Player Settings window > click OK to save changes and close the window. Then, save your project as a custom theme and reuse later as you want.
    Check out this article to grab detail information:
  • Yes, all the changes in Player Settings are “attached” to the project. So, your project can be open in different computers or being worked by many people.

• This happens when you save and change your file name without modifying your project name. Please take a look at this video to get useful information:

Kind regards,
Thuy

Is there a way to export the player settings? I have made extensive changes to the player settings but i cannot transport that set of changes to other project files. I can save the player settings as a preset but the present is only available to that one file. Very inconvenient and frustrating.

Hi,

Please download (Download ActivePresenter - Video Editor & eLearning Software) and use the latest version of ActivePresenter to achieve your goal.
After customizing your Player Settings, you can save all the changes as a preset to reuse across project.
Click the Save button (1) > type a meaningful name in the pop-up dialog (2) > click OK (3).

Then, to reuse it in another project, open the Player Settings window > click the drop-down arrow (4) at the Preset box > select your preset you created.

Kind regards,
Thuy

Hi,

suppose we all know, how to save preset “inside the Presenter app”.
But WHERE are the skin customization data saved? Some .xml? Anywhere in the registry?
Note that customization of skin takes some time and there is no way to backup it(!)
For ex.Media-thin skin: I changed the colors toolbar, bottons, slider (according to corporate graphic manual… so exact RGB parameters not in common palette), changed font and it’s size, changed toolbar behavior… translated some items in Player Language. So a lot of work!
I understand, that skin parameters structure may be subject of change through the versions… but is it really the reason?
Thank you for any advice…

TL

Hi,

Your data is saved in ActivePresenter.apconfig, Tomas.
You can find it through the paths below:
For Windows: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\ActivePresenter\ActivePresenter.apconfig
For macOS: /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application\ Support/ActivePresenter/ActivePresenter.apconfig

Regards,
Thuy