Playback speed not working, program not responding and cursor path is super slow

Hi, I recorded my video by clicking “record mouse cursor” with “simplified - straight” mouse movements.

First, the cursor is super slow, not the actual speed that happens in life - how I can fix the cursor now in the video?

I also tried to use “playback speed” - no matter if I put 200% or 500% or even 15000% the speed of the video is not changing at all. I really need to use this option, do you know what causes it? Is it may be the cursor?

Finally, the program with every click freezes and is not responding. I tried, closing it, restarting, I also downloaded a newer version, and still all the above happens.

ActivePresenter version: 8.3.0

Hi Grace,

We need more particular information to find out the cause of your issue.
So, it would be very helpful if you can share us:

• The log of ActivePresenter. To view the log, click ActivePresenter > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log.
  • The project which has the issue and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files (if any). If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then email them to support@atomisystems.com.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hi Thuy,

I just send an email with what you have requested!

Thank you,

Grazyna

Hi Grace,

We didn’t receive your email, can you please send it again?
Our support email is support@atomisystems.com

Regards

Hi,

I send it again!

Thank you,

Grazyna

Hi Grace,

I’m not sure why we still didn’t receive your email.
You can upload your files to a cloud storage and send the link to me via the Message feature of this community.

Regards

Hi Toan,

Very strange, I resend again. Also here is the link with files: https://we.tl/t-MMdnnjAHAf
I would like to of course to be able to work normally with the cursor, so it doesn’t crash or slow the program. That it is not so slow as it is right now, and sue the speed playback.

Regards,

Grace

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the file, Grazyna.
After checking your project, we want to note some things out:

• You shouldn’t merge many slides as this one. That makes your project become complicated to handle. Furthermore, it reduces performance when editing and exporting video to HTML5. So, next time, just save your project as a slide-based project.
  • We cannot see any properties that you set for cursors. For this reason, we don’t really understand your purpose.
  • The Change Playback Speed feature just works for video object only.

Best regards,
Thuy

Hi Thuy,

Thank you for your reply. Ok, I will figure out then how to record software simulation as a slide-based project. However, I don’t recall that I had this option to choose from. I just clicked record and then it showed in slides in Activepresenter.

Do you have any steps written somewhere to avoid that situation?

As for the cursor, what is the best option to choose from settings, to have cursor recorded, that does not slow the program, shows movements in real life?

Finally, I have never come across video objects only, I just always recorded software simulation and change playback speed worked fine. This video was recorded the same as any other in my past. Therefore, can you please explain what is that video object? and how I can change the existing video I recorded into one?

Would you recommend that I just record a new video completely? If yes, what would be the best setting then, to avoid all of the above?

Thank you very much,

Grazyna

Hi,

Let me provide you additional information, Grazyna.
ActivePresenter offers two different recording mode called Record Video (1) and Record Software Simulation (2).

If you select Record Video, you will get a full-motion video.

If you select Record Software Simulation, the app will capture all actions on the screen and then convert them into a slide-based project including:

• Image slides (mouse click, key stroke);
  • Video slides (mouse scroll, drag-n-drop).

In this case, I think that you can try using Record Video to see if it meet your needs.
Besides, you can access our Tutorial page to find out many useful information.

Hope that it helps.
Thuy

Hi Thuy,

Ok, so for large videos - even though it is a software stimulation - you recommend to record and choose the option “record video”.

I spend some time recording this software stimulation, is there aren’t any chance to fix it on the notes that I have mentioned? so I don’t need to restart the whole work?

Also, please if you could explain last thing about the “Change Playback Speed feature only works for video object only” - what is the video object only?

I have checked your website and went through different questions changing my searching words - nowhere info on why a change playback speed is not working I could find.

Thank you,

Grace

Hi Grazyna,

Video object is video used in your ActivePresenter projects.
It can be your recorded file after you select Record Video feature or video inserted into ActivePresenter. ActivePresenter supports many different video formats, namely MP4, MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, WebM, M4V, and MOV.

As said above, if you record software simulation, you will get a slide-based project. That’s why you cannot apply the Change Playback Speed feature.
So, if you want to use this feature, just export your current project to video (access the Export tab > Export to Video) then insert that video into ActivePresenter and edit it the way you want.

Have a nice week,
Thuy