Play button doesn't work when a video is finished

Problem: When a video is finished, the play button doesn’t work anymore. Sometimes a video is large and because of network it pauses and it blocks the HTML and only by pressing F5 key the button is enabled, this is dificult to explain to all the employes of the company.

ActivePresenter version: 9.0.1

1 Like

Hi Juan,

Can you please clarify whether this play button is for video or HTML5 player? Also, please share the video demonstrating the issue or describe it in more detail so we can assist you better.

Best regards,
Hang

Hi Hang,

I share a video showing the bug:

Keep in mind that in version 8 the play button in video worked correctly.

Aditional, there is another bug, I have one rectangle over the video to block using video bar and only when video is finished it disappear, but when someone go forward and back again, the block appears again and the variable and condition are okay when the slide starts.

Hi Juan,

Thank you for sharing the video.

Because of the Autoplay setting, you are unable to click the video control to replay it after the slide has ended.
Please uncheck Autoplay of the video to solve this problem.

Regarding the second issue about using a rectangle to block using the video bar, there must be something wrong with the project. Could you please email us the project and its external data folder named PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystem.com so we can check? If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive and send the download link to us.

Regards,
Hang

Hi Hang,

Thank you for your response.

I have one observation about Autoplay: In ActivePresenter 8 the video works like I said, play button is enabled to click after the video is finished, but in 9 version doesn’t.

Hi again Juan,

Yes, that’s true. For your information, we made some changes to the Autoplay setting of videos in version 9 to synchronize the video and timeline. As a result, unlike in version 8, you cannot play the video again if this option is checked.

Best regards,
Hang