Partial scores, scoring in general

Problem:
Dear Support,
in AP it is possible to set the points of a text entry question to partial. What does “partial” in this context mean?
Do you provide a document where you descibe in more details how scoring for each of the question types and the whole presentation works? In the manual I only see a short section on this topic.
Best wishes
Ludger

ActivePresenter version: 8.3.2

Notes:

Hi Ludger!
If selecting this option, it allows you to get the points assigned to the particular correct answer that you
choose.
Ex: You select Partial option → The point spinner appears beside Correct Value field → You choose the point that you want in the point spinner → You answer the question corectly → You received the point that you selected, it show in Report Slide.

Thank you very much, Shimin.
So each of the partial points counts to the overall score, right?
Let’s say I have a presentation with 5 difficult and 5 easy questions. A difficult question counts 5 points and an easy question 2 points. In this scenario I would need to make sure that the max partial points for a difficul question is 5 and for an easy question is 2, right?
Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger!
Yes. I have an example for you.
I have presentation with a Fill in Blanks question and it has 3 blanks. If you select Partial point option for the question → you set point for each blank (The 1st blank: 2 points, the 2nd blank: 2 points and 3rd: 1 point) → Answer the question correctly, you have get 5 points and it shows in Report Slide.

Hi Ludger,

Please take a look at this video to know how to assign points to questions flexibly:

Regards,
Yen

In this context I have an other question:
I found that “partial” in a MC questions means, that I receive points for each correct option as long as I do not check a wrong a answer. As soon as I check one wrong answer, I do not get any points at all for this question.
Can I customize this behavior since my colleagues prefer a different model? Also I know, that other tools have more option how to handle wrong answers (e.g., give negative points as long as the overall sum is > 0).
Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

Did you mean Multiple Response Questions? Coz MCQs allow learners to select the only one answer option.
With MRQ, if you want to change this behavior:

As soon as I check one wrong answer, I do not get any points at all for this question

You can set all answer options as correct answers. Then set points for each of them differently. By doing so, learners still get points for correct options they select.
For more info, please refer to this tutorial:

Regards,

Thank you. This works, but I’m not sure if this is the way to go for me since the status of the MRQ is always “incorrect” and also in the LMS the status is not set correctly. Also in the editor or in the MS Word Export of the presentation (used for review) I do not directly see which of the options are correct. Due to the drawbacks I still would prefer a setting (or a script) to define how to handle wrong checks when using partial points.

Best wishes
Ludger

Hi Ludger,

I am afraid that it is not possible at the current version, unfortunately.

Regards,
Yen