Open webpage after slide finishes

Problem:
My on click open webpage does not work after the slide has finished. How can I have a hyperlink open up in a new window at the end of a presentation?

ActivePresenter Version:
Win 7
Notes:

Hi Matthew,

Once the presentation ended, the user can’t interact with it anymore. You must pause the presentation at the end so that the On Click event works. To pause the presentation, please insert an interaction (e.g. a Button), and make sure its Pause presentation to wait for user input property (in Properties pane > Interactivity tab) is checked.

Regards.

Hi toanls,

Do you think this could be a feature request to add to the current WYSIWYG editor, as I would prefer the presentation to end and the links to open in a new window?

Hi Matthew,

The presentation ended state only affects the LMS and HTTP report feature. So if you don’t use LMS and HTTP report, the work around to pause the presentation at the end is good enough.

In case you use LMS or HTTP report, you need to add an additional script to the On Load event of the last slide to end the lesson on the LMS, and to send the report (if any) before the presentation is paused:

// notify LMS that the lesson is ended
if (prez.lms)
  prez.lms.endLesson();
// send HTTP report (remove the following code if you don't use HTTP report)
prez.sendReport();

Regards

Hi Toanls,

I’d like to create an MP4 presentation that plays - and then at the end opens up SurveyMonkey (or another webpage) to collect feedback about the presentation.

Is there a way to do this with ActivePresenter? (other than via a batch file)

Thanks,

Russell

Hi Russell,

The MP4 as well as other video formats don’t support any event themselves, so you must embed the video into HTML and use JavaScript to do that:

1. Select Embedded in HTML option when exporting to MP4 video
  2. Open the output index.html by a text editor, and look for the following code
_V_("video_containter").ready(function(){
  var element = document.getElementById("video_alt");
  element.parentNode.removeChild(element);
});
  1. Replace the code above by the following code
_V_("video_containter").ready(function(){
  var element = document.getElementById("video_alt");
  element.parentNode.removeChild(element);
}).addEvent('ended', function() {
  // replace atomisystems by your webpage
  window.open('https://atomisystems.com', '_blank');
});