Not saving progress

Hi Linda,

Can you please let us know which LMS you upload your SCORM file?
You can try uploading your SCORM file to other LMS (e.g. Moodle, SCORM Cloud, etc.) to see if the issue happens.
In case it works perfectly, the issue may be caused by your current LMS.
If not, kindly send us your project and its external folder named PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check it.
The files can be uploaded to a cloud storage site like Google Drive and sent to us via a link.

Regards,
Thuy

Hi
I have shared my project file with you it called Purpose T Combined. The other problem we are having is if someone completes the assessment at the end and they fail when they go to retry the answers are locked how can I make it so that the answers are reset when they click retry

Hi @LinBee64,

Can you please check again bcoz we haven’t received any files yet.

BR,

This is the link to google drive

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the link, Linda.
Please edit the access right so we can open and download your project.

Thuy

I have changed the access rights

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please let us know which LMS you upload your SCORM file?
And did you try uploading your SCORM file to other LMS as I suggest in the previous response?
We test your project on TalentLMS and Scorm Cloud and see that it works ok.
So, if it is possible, please share your account information so we can help.

The other problem we are having is if someone completes the assessment at the end and they fail when they go to retry the answers are locked how can I make it so that the answers are reset when they click retry

Regarding your next issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Change the question attempts (Select the question answer area > Properties pane > Interactivity tab > Score & Reporting > Change the Attempts value to Infinite.

2. Delete the action and conditions of the On Incorrect event. (Delete the action and conditions in red the callouts of the image below)

3. Add the Clear User Input action to the question’s On Load event. Doing so then you can retry all the questions.

In case you just want to retry the wrong answers, you need to add further condition to the Clear User Input action above. That is IF “correct answer’s_radio button” is not equal to Checked.

BR,

Hi

The LMS is Electronic Staff Record (ESR)

Thanks

Hi @Debbie-Rees,

We don’t have much experience with your LMS.
Kindly share your account information if you want us to check.

BR,
Thuy

Hi

Thank you for the offer but due to IG I won’t be able to share my account details with you.

Thanks Debbie

Hi @LinBee64 and @Debbie-Rees,

For your information, we follow the standards and ActivePresenter SCORM files work well on well-known LMS.
However, as you may know, there are a lot of LMS in the market now. Some are set up differently and don’t follow standards so it’s hard for ActivePresenter can support it.
Since we don’t have an account on ESR so we cannot help to check the issue.
Please contact to ESR LMS support team for further suggestions.

Besides, you can check if that LMS supports SCORM 2004 or xAPI. If so, you can try exporting and uploading your package again since ActivePresenter also supports exporting projects to SCORM 2004 and xAPI along with SCORM 1.2.

Hope that it helps.
Thuy

Hi

Can you list what the standards are your referring too and I can check with ESR support that they follow these standards too?

Thanks Debbie

Yes, ActivePresenter supports exporting projects to SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 and xAPI. Then, you can upload the output to many popular LMSs such as Moodle Cloud, TalentLMS, Scorm Cloud…
Please check the information with your LMS, Debbie.

Nice weekend.
Thuy

ESR is SCORM compliant and they have told us that anything made in SCORM 1.2 will work with in the LMS.

We have the programme successfully uploaded in the LMS. With your help Linda has been able to fix the assessment settings so it can be retaken.

We just cannot get it to save progress before anyone completes that assessment. Assuming that is a feature of Active Presenter. Obviously this is not the ideal situation with busy hospital staff who may get pulled away completing e-learning packages.

Thank you for your help. I will keep talking to ESR support.

Thank Debbie, for getting back to me.

ActivePresenter sends cmi.suspend_data to the LMS and based on that to resume the next time you go back.
Please check on ESR if it shows that information. You can see the image below for details:

BR,

Hi

I sent this information to the ESR technical team and they had me take some HAR files of the package. They then compared it with our fire package that is saving in the system and this is the response I have had back:

The SCORM Console log output is smiler for them and (difference is in suspend data which is different for different course) the ota_attempts table (object version number and suspend data) is updated after each slide is past for both. So, there is no issue in the Oracle Scorm Code as the same kind of reply and save is sent and done for the course Purpose T Tutorial - Hospital Staff, as the working one Fire Safety E-learning 2023

So, the code logic written by the course provider to show the resume window is not working properly, code logic needs to be checked by them.

Please contact the course provider regarding the above.

Could you advise further please how we can fix this issue?

Thanks Debbie

Hi This is the reply from ESR support. Maybe you can make some sense out of it

We have checked the console logs for ?372 CHFT Purpose T Tutorial - Hospital Staff? where the resume is not working and another course ?372 CHFT Fire Safety E-learning 2023? where the resume is working.

The SCORM Console log output is smiler for them and (difference is in suspend data which is different for different course) the ota_attempts table (object version number and suspend data) is updated after each slide is past for both. So, there is no issue in the Oracle Scorm Code as the same kind of reply and save is sent and done for the course ?372 CHFT Purpose T Tutorial - Hospital Staff?? as the working one ??372 CHFT Fire Safety E-learning 2023? (check attached Console_Log_Compare.txt).

So, the code logic written by the course provider to show the resume window is not working properly, code logic needs to be checked by them.

Hi guys,

We appreciate your responses.
Please confirm that your 372 CHFT Purpose T Tutorial - Hospital Staff? course is not resumed while the 372 CHFT Fire Safety E-learning 2023? course work fine?
If so, kindly send us:

• these two projects
  • two SCORM packages that you uploaded to LMS
  • the log ESR sent you “Console_Log_Compare.txt”

to our support email address support@atomisystems.com so we can check.

Regards,

Hi

We cannot provide but the fire was built in a different package - Ispring and that one works fine.

Thanks Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Can you check this SCORM 1.2 package with your LMS?
SCORM1_2_Check_Resuming.zip (222.3 KB)

You can open the SCORM content, go to slide 2, close the browser tab then open it again to see if it can resume from slide 2.
Each time you open the SCORM content, please also press F12 to open the browser Developer tool, copy and send us the entire log in the Console tab before closing the browser tab.

Regards