Not responding after screen recording

Problem:

After screen recording, the app is not responding for about 40 minutes now. I can’t even get to save it yet. What should I do to save it? Will it disappear without saving?

Please help, thank you.

ActivePresenter version: 9

Notes:

Hi,

In case ActivePresenter is not responding and is closed, kindly take a look at the cached folder to see if your recorded files are there.

C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\ActivePresenter\.ActivePresenterCachedProjects. (for Windows)
Users/<user_name>/Documents/ActivePresenter/.ActivePresenterCachedProjects (for macOS)

Kindly note that “.ActivePresenterCachedProjects” is a hidden folder so you might need to turn the “Show Hidden Files” option on (for Windows) or press “Command” + “Shift” + “.” (for macOS) to see it.

If there are video, or audio files here, you can copy them to another folder and open them with ActivePresenter for editing.

Besides, if you can’t find the audio file source, there is a high chance that it was lost and unable to recover, unfortunately. Could you please send us the log of ActivePresenter so that we can find some clues for the issue?
To view the log, click the ActivePresenter button > Preferences > Miscellaneous > View Log. See detailed steps here: How to Find and Send ActivePresenter's Log File - ActivePresenter 8 - YouTube

You can attach it here or send it to our support email address support@atomisystems.com

Best regards,
Thuy

I am having this exact same issue. Just started the past couple days.

Every single time I try to screen record, as soon as the recording finishes and loads into ActivePresenter, the app hangs. The only way to get out is to kill the application.

It doesn’t matter how long the screen recording is… whether it is 2 seconds, 2 minutes, or 20 minutes. As soon as the recording finishes, and then loads into ActivePresenter, then ActivePresenter hangs.

You guys broke something in the product with the latest update.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Please try performing the guide below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Access the Preferences dialog (click the ActivePresenter button > Preferences > Miscellaneous tab) and try the following settings in turns:
  • Select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option.
  • Select the Always use software recorders for decoding video option.

If the issue still persists, kindly:

1. Switch to the other graphics card if your computer has more than one graphics card. See more information here: How To Set the Default GPU for Applications and Games

Hope that the issue will be resolved. If not, please:

1. Send us the project and the log file of ActivePresenter so we can take a look.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
Thuy