Move 10 seconds forward or back

Continuing the discussion from Go back 10 seconds button in AP6:

Problem: I am implementing “10 Sec Forward” and “10 Sec Back” buttons within my slides. I could get java script from one of the old support links and tried to reuse the same for forward but its not working.

var time = prez.slideTime() + 10000;
if (time > slideDuration())
** time = slideDuration();**
prez.slideTime(time);

thanks for the support.
regards

ActivePresenter version: 8.5.3

Notes:

Hi,

There’s no slideDuration function.
In fact, you don’t need to limit the time within 0 and slide duration, prez.slideTime(time) will do that automatically.

var time = prez.slideTime() + 10000;
prez.slideTime(time);

Regards

Hi,

:laughing: I couldn’t find any function for ‘slide duration’ and since there are two other ‘time’ and ‘slideTime’, so thought this might work :man_facepalming: My bad.

Thanks so much. Though its working but facing some issue, maybe because of some turn around code which I am using in project event provided by another team mate here. animated timer start stop on slides

Just realized that using this 10 Sec movement does not change the status of the animated timer. Could you please help with movement of animated timer along with 10 Sec Fwd/back.

Can share the project on support ID for better clarity.

Regards

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don’t find any API to adjust the timer timestamp so it’s not possible.

Regards

Oh!
So does that mean, we cannot use animated timer element and ‘slideTime(time)’ API together to move user on a specific time of the timeline? Ah, that’s sad.

Wish this can be corrected or modified in the upcoming updates.

thank you

Hey @ToanLS ,

Further question to your above support thread, as you mentioned that prez.slideTime(time) takes care of the limit within 0 and slide duration, what would happen if time exceeds slide duration? does that reaches the end of the slide OR do nothing and remain at the same place?

thanks

Hi,

Yes, we’ll try to add more APIs for timer in the future.

It’ll work as if you pass the slide duration to prez.slideTime function.
It reaches the end of the slide, and paused at that time if the slide is not Auto Advance (or there’s an interaction pausing at that time to wait for user inputs), otherwise it jumps to the next slide immediately.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks, That would be great :blush:

Great, so does that mean, I can use same logic for going back in slideTime? clarifying coz in another thread from earlier, you had suggested

var time = prez.slideTime() - 10000;
if (time < 0)
time = 0;
prez.slideTime(time);

But can use for this without If condition? that would make it:

var time = prez.slideTime() - 10000;
prez.slideTime(time);

Please kindly confirm. Thanks

Yes, you don’t need to check the slide time in any case.

1 Like

Alright thats helpful.

thank you.

Regards