Motion path visibility property?

Hi,

In an object that moves along a path, is it possible to make that motion path visible when playing or previewing the animation?

I am aware of the possibility to draw another curve following the same shape of the motion path to obtain the effect I need, but I would like to know if motion paths have a visibility property that can be set to hide/show? It would be faster and more precise.

Thank you,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, motion path doesn’t have a property to show/hide the path when playing yet.

Regards

Hi Toan Le,

Thank you for your reply. it’s a pity. Besides the possibility to set hide/show property, in one of the future releases of Saola Animate it would also be a nice addition to have the possibility to change all the other path properties (fill, border color, dotted, dashed, width, effects, etc.) just like I do in the case of freeform shapes.

Best Regards,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Maybe, we’ll allow creating freeform shapes from motion paths, so that you can change all the properties as needed. It’s more simple and provides more benefit than setting motion paths directly.

Regards

Hi Toan Le,

It’s a really good news. I have been using Saola Animate since a couple of months now, and I must say that I love it. It is so easy to use and so powerful at the same time. However, another important aspect that certainly contributes to make my work with Saola Animate even more pleasant is the Atomi’s positive attitude towards customers. Thank you so much for your work.

Best Regards,
Tony

1 Like

Si, es verdad que estoy esperando muchos meses!!.

Hi,

If you draw another curve, can you have it grow while the object is moving?

Thank you.

Hi Dom,

Yes, you can use JavaScript to draw the curve to follow the object.
Please see onSceneActived and lineDrawing functions in this sample:
draw motion path.saolapack (3.0 KB)

Regards