Lock object position relative to zoom-n-pan

Problem:
I would like to display a text caption or other object on the screen that stays visibly in the same position while a zoom-n-pan action occurs. For instance, I would like to be able to pop up a topic title (“Analysis menu functions”) at the bottom of the window for a couple of seconds while the presentation zooms in from showing the entire window in the software simulation to the analysis menu to provide focus.

Is there a convenient way to do this now? The only thing I can think of is rendering the zoom as an exported video and inserting it into a new project so I can overlay the fixed-position object.

ActivePresenter Version: 8

After some more searching, I found this thread, which seems to address this question: Button always visible and same size even when zooming

It would be nice to see this as functionality built into ActivePresenter, rather than a scripted workaround.

Hi Michael,

We’ll consider about this feature.
Technically, it’s a bit difficult to keep an object still completely when zooming.

Regards

Why not “exclude” a layer from camera zoom?

For example, when we create a new slide, there would automatically be a layer that would not be included in the camera zoom.

This would allow us to put whatever we want in there that is not zoomed in with the camera.

1 Like