Keep Shown object visible on previous slide

Problem:
I have a lesson slide pack where students can jump back and forth to different subjects of a particular topic. I have a slide with a list of topics that the students need to review.
I want a checkmark to appear next to the topic the student has already clicked so they know which ones they’ve already reviewed. I’ve given the topic (text object) the OnClick actions to Show the checkmark object before the student is taken to the slide of the topic they selected. When I go back to the main slide from the topic slide (button: OnClick Go to Slide) the checkmark has gone back into hiding. How can we keep the checkmarks on screen once they have been Shown via the OnClick action?

ActivePresenter version:
9.0.7 - 64-bit build (Released: 2023.03.15)

Win10 64bits

Notes:

Hi,

The most convenient way to achieve your desire is using the Change Object State action instead of the Show Object one, I believe.
And here are the steps to get it done:

• Create a new state for the checkmark image (View tab > Object States > Edit state > Add state) See detail at: Work with Object States in ActivePresenter 8 - Atomi Systems, Inc.
  • Customize the opacity for the default and new state (Properties pane > Style & Effects tab > Opacity section)
  • Add the Change Object State action with suitable object and state to the shape’s On Click event.

The checkmark image Retain State function is selected by default (checkmark image’s Properties pane > Interactivity tab > General section > Retain State checkbox).
So the checkmark image will always be shown whenever you go back to the first slide from other slides.
I also attach the sample so you can get my point easily. Please take a look at it.
show-checkmark.approj (392 KB)

Hope that it helps you.
Best regards,
Thuy

1 Like