Issues with positioning objects

Problem:
I am using groups and objects which are shown over multiple slides with exact the same size and position. In some cases, the position of these objects varies by approximately 1px from one slide to another in the output, even though the numeric indication of the position is the same. An additional complication is that these deviations are only visible in the preview or export, directly in AP the deviations are mostly not visible. The possible workaround of moving the objects in the Transform Panel once and then putting them back to their original position is of little help and not reliable, especially if there are many objects and groups on a slide.

ActivePresenter version:
Windows 10 Pro
Notes:
Export/Preview tested in Google Chrome and Firefox. Issue is present in both browsers but on different objects. For example is one object neatly positioned in Chrome, but has a deviation in Firefox or another object has a deviation in Chrome but is neatly positioned in Firefox.

Hi Sven,

Can you send us your project with slides containing the issue to support@atomisystems.com so we can take a look at?

Regards,

Hi, I have sent you a mail with some slides containing the issue. Thanks in advance for your support. Best regards

Hi Sven,

Thank you for sending the project.

The issue arises as a result of the objects’ non-integer sizes and positions. Due to little differences in their positions, the two items appear to be nearly similar on Canvas.
For an ordinary object, you select the object, change its value, then change it back to the original value. As in Left 92 > 90 > 92.
Since there are so many objects in your project, you can try grouping the ones without animations. Then, show a group over multiple slides or put it in Slide Master. For objects that have animations, you don’t need to put them in Slide Master, just put them on separate slides.

Regards,

Hi Hang,

Thanks for your response.

Where can you see that the objects have non-integer sizes and positions?

Yes, I’m aware of the change value and change back workaround, but it doesn’t work reliably. For example, if I copy an entire slide and just edit some text or change the source of an image, the problem also occurs, but logically there shouldn’t be any differences in positions.
It’s very difficult for me to find consistency in this behavior and as soon as I start trying the “change-value-change-back” workaround it just gets worse and worse :frown:

Grouping and showing across multiple slides or placing the objects on the slide master is not possible due to some dependencies with some events and actions and use of custom controls (forward and back buttons, custom table of contents). By the way… I am working with some objects on slide master (for example control buttons)… the issue occurs there as well.

Best regards,
Sven

Hi Sven,

If I copy an entire slide and just edit some text or change the source of an image, the problem also occurs

Editing text or changing the source of an image may change the size of an object. If that’s a child in a group, it can change the group size and position because the app fits a group after its children. So, you might not need the group option in this case.

By the way… I am working with some objects on slide master (for example control buttons)… the issue occurs there as well.

I’m referring to using a single layout across multiple slides. The problem can happen just like in normal slides if you copy a layout and make changes afterward.