Issues with ActivePresenter 8.3.0

Problem:
While generating video of a capture screen from an earlier version of AP, the generated video doesn’t output video in some videos. This is a random occurrence and doesn’t happen with all the videos.

It is also seen that the size of video is limited (may be because of optimization).

Output Format: MP4 with Stereo 44100Hz @ 128 Kbps

ActivePresenter version: 8.3.0

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Intel i5-9500T @2.2GHz and 16GB DDR4 RAM)

Notes: Log attached

ActivePresenter.log (2.3 MB)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the log file.

As we need more particular information to find out the cause of the issue, could you please share us the project and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to support@atomisystems.com so that we can check.
If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then send the download link to us.

Hello, where do I find this external data folder?

Hi, for performance reasons, ActivePresenter will store large audio and video files in an external data folder named in the pattern PROJECT_FILE_files:

So, please share us the project and its external data folder (IF ANY) so we can open and analyze your project.

I uninstalled AP as this was happening randomly on few projects and few time on same project (not all the times) - which resulted me in checking the project output once it was completed.

I then installed the last known good version of AP and now facing these issues.

Issues again, all over in AP

on a clean installation using the same user who has admin rights, it is unable to create directory. STRANGE!!!

Regards,
Rakesh

Happened again today with 8.3.1. This is random occurrence and I cannot upload external folder video as it is over 15GB

The error mentioned is misleading. Destination has more than 6GB free (screenshot attached).

ActivePresenter.log (3.0 MB)

Hi Rakesh,

It seems the diskspace is not enough while exporting is the cause of issue.
I see the following lines at the end of the log file:

2021-01-11 03:21:14: Error: can’t write to file descriptor 21 (error 112: There is not enough space on the disk.)
2021-01-11 03:21:14: Error while writing on destination file

I am not sure the screenshot above was taken while exporting or after the export failed.
Can you please move the project and the export location to drive D and try again?

Regards,