Image paste issue in AP8

Hello,
The way I use Active Presenter means I copy and paste a large amount of pictures from PowerPoint (where I do the prep work) to Active presenter. This worked fine with AP7 and 6.
With AP8, I get fuzzy, saturated pictures when copying and pasting from PPT to AP - only way around is to save each image to my disk and then insert them - hurting productivity.
See attached.

Is this a bug?
Thanks and regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

We confirm this is a bug in ActivePresenter 8. We will try to fix it soon. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to let you know an additional information. That is you can open a PowerPoint file directly with ActivePresenter 8. This runs quite quickly.

Regards,

Hi,
thank you for confirmation

Hi,
We will try this and see if it works for us in the way we use PPT.
Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

Regarding the PowerPoint import:
This works great - real useful for us and a significant productivity helper! GREAT !
Minor point of details:

• images that where flipped in PowerPoint using “picture format/picture layout/flip horizontally” are flipped (original) after the import in ActivePresenter.
    *I was using Calibri 14 pts in PowerPoint - AP imported it as Calibri 19 pt but in fact the equivalent should be Calibri 24 pts… but I guess this is linked to resolution and settings.

Super! Thanks a lot
Michael

Hi,
there is also an issue with the cropped picture - I guess it returns all to the originals.
The font size issue also affects the imported Master style slides.
You can see both issues on the below:

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

We are glad to hear that you see this feature helpful.
And thanks for reporting the bugs, we will check again and try to fix it in the next update.
We have also released version 8.0.4 which includes a fix for image pasting issue.

Regards,

We have tested but could not reproduce the font size issue. ActivePresenter use pixel as unit and this equals 72 / 96 the point unit by default. If this calculation doesn’t reflect the actual imported font size in your project, please share the project so we can check. You can delete all confidential information, just leave some text which has the issue.

Regards,

Hi Phuong,~

attached is a zip with test import.zip (360.8 KB) 2 files - a PPT and the resulting AP 8 import.
attached is also a picture of how they look on my screen - in case they open differently on your machines.

Some comments:

• issue with the image flip and cropping
  • Calibri seems to become Arial
  • You can see that “this is tahoma 19” takes nearly half the text box in the PowerPoint but only a 1/3 in AP import. In AP it is tahoma 25 amd if I want it to look similar to the PPT (take 1/2 the box) I need to change it to Tahoma 38 in AP.
  • Same goes for the other texts with different values.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help further,
regards,
Michael