Huge Video dimension when export SCORM

When I export a SCORM with a video that have a size about 300mb, the SCORM zip file exported is 900mb. I have set the video quality at 90% and so I expect less size.
Why?

Hi EspeD,

The exporting progress will re-encode the video (reproduce the original frames and recompress them). Can you please try selecting a lower quality value (60-70%, for example)?

Regards,

Solved, very thanks.

Hi,
I have a similar problem:
Original video size is 110MB. The exported Scorm or HTML5 package has about 350MB. I already decreased the video quality to 50%. What can I do?

Hi,

Can you please share the project which has the issue and its external data folder named in the PROJECT_FILE_files if any, so we can check? If these files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage site like Google Drive then email to support@atomisystems.com.

Regards,
Quynh

Hi mlp_presenter,

Thanks for sharing the project.
We have checked and seen that the original video was encoded with low quality settings so the small size. When exporting, ActivePresenter will decode to the video frames and encode again, it doesn’t remember the previous encoded information. If you you want a smaller file size, you may need to select a very lower quality value.
Unfortunately, the quality decreasing is accumulated between encoding times so the video will be looked worsen.
There is no workaround for this problem. If possible, please use the source videos with the highest quality.

Regards,