How to find where a resource is used

Hello,
I have the following problem: I cannot export my AP project to HTML5 anymore due to an embedded resource (PDF format) that seems to cause problems - error message upon export: “Could not export file RESOURCE”. However, I cannot seem to delete the file from my project either, from the resource pane: “Can not delete an item that is in use.” I cannot remember actually linking to this particular file from any of my existing slides though… So how do I find out where the file is used?
I would appreciate any pointers!

ActivePresenter version: 9.0.7

Hi,

It appears that your issue shares similarities with this case:

Please try the steps mentioned in the provided link to see if they can help resolve your problem.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the suggested solution doesn’t work for me, as I always get the error message “Can not delete an item that is in use.”
Trying to shrink the project didn’t help either.

AP seems to think that this file is in use and so it won’t let me delete it. But I don’t know where it might be used (or if this is, in fact, a bug). Is there any way to find out?

Thank you for your information.

In order to assist you with your case, kindly send us your project and its external data folder named in the pattern PROJECT_FILE_files (if any) to our email address at support@atomisystems.com. This will allow us to perform the necessary checks. If the files are large, you can upload them to a cloud storage platform such as Google Drive and share the download link with us.

Please note that we have plans to support the find resources feature in future updates. However, the specific implementation plan has not been determined yet. We will notify you once this feature has been completed.

Best regards,
Hang