How to do software presentation in version 7?

In version 6 of Active Presenter I had no problem creating a software demonstration. I would just select New Capture and then Software Presentation. After recording my presentation it would take me to the editor with a single timeline upon which I could add text boxes and other objects. It was fantastic.

Now, in version 7, it’s not so fantastic. I select “Record Software Simulation” which I assume is the same as “Software Presentation” in the old version, but I’m not 100% sure. I can record the presentation as before, but when I finish recording it’s created a whole bunch of different slides and each slide has its own time line. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with all these little timelines.

How do I get the entire presentation into a single timeline so I can edit it as I did with the old version?

Hi Vincent,

Please select Record Video to record software demonstration in ActivePresenter 7. It is the same function as Software Demonstration in version 6.

Regards,

I used that function but the timeline is in chunks after recording is done. How do I get the presentation into a single timeline?

Check this Quick Start Guide: https://youtu.be/nPAXqvZlmgw